Tuesday 23 August 2016

Strobing With Hourglass

I'm a huge fan of the Ambient Lighting Powders and the Ambient Lighting Blush from Hourglass. Being a complete highlighter obsessive, it was only a matter of time before the Ambient Strobing Powders were going to join my beauty stash. Lets take a look at this new formulation and see how it compares to other high end highlighters on the market.


The Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders are a collection of illuminating strobing powders, designed to add light and dimension to the skin. They borrow the beautiful formulation from the other Ambient Lighting products, but add some concentrated ultra-fine mico-pearl particles, for good measure! The pearl particles are popped into the powder in lots of different sizes and refraction levels. This means you get all the glow you need for a natural-looking radiance, without the heavy light highlighter finish. Much like it's Ambient Lighting sisters, the powder is designed to capture and diffuse light.

After much deliberation and I mean a lot of deliberation, I opted for Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in 'Euphoric Light'. There are four colours in total which are universally flattering shades are perfect for all different skintones. You simply load up a brush with the Strobe Powder and apply it to all the places you'd usually apply a highlighter. I always use it on the tops of my cheekbones and my brow bone, to give a natural highlight to the skin. You can use these powders either wet or dry, which gives you varied levels of intensity. On a dry brush you get an incredibly natural finish, which I've swatched below and you can see it's very hard to see. On a wet brush you get the chance to create a more dramatic evening strobe highlight. 

I don't dare count the amount of highlighters in my collection, but what I can say is that i have PLENTY that offer a dramatic finish. Whilst I love the "go hard or go home" approach, sometimes it's not appropriate to wear that heavy metal highlight. What I love about the Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder is that it plugs a gap for when I need something more subtle. It still feels luxurious, it still performs like a high end product, it's just that little bit more sophisticated. 

The Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder is available in four shades, retailing at £34 from SpaceNK here in the UK, or Sephora in the USA. 





Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig