Friday 25 March 2016

Inside My Sample Drawer: Beyond Perfection By Clinique

The latest series on Hope, Freedom, Love is ‘Inside My Sample Drawer’. It’s dedicated to providing mini reviews on the samples that have been clogging up my makeup stash. So every now and then, I'll be sharing a cute miniature fresh from my sample drawer and sharing my first impressions of the product. Today I'm talking about Beyond Perfection from Clinique.






Beyond Perfection is a foundation and concealer that has been rolled into one, aiming to give you a perfected look. It’s a formula that has been made to be lightweight, whilst still giving you very good coverage. It doesn’t feel like you’ve covered your whole face in concealer, instead your skin feels perfected whilst still feeling comfortable. 

When I first tested Beyond Perfection, I immediately felt that the shade was too dark, despite it looking very light in the bottle. I did a bit of reading and found that you need to apply the foundation and then give it a few minutes to settle. Clinique say this is so the pigments in the formula can adapt to your skintone. It’s a weird way of working and it goes against your natural instincts, but it works!

Beyond Perfection comes with a fancy wand, which allows you to apply the product to the different areas of your face. You use the large backside of the wand to apply the product to your forehead, cheeks and chin. The angled tip has the ability to hold more product, so this is good for applying the foundation to your nose and your jawline. You can then use the pointy tip to conceal any extra trouble areas! 

There are 23 shades of Beyond Perfection, which is a very good selection. As always I suspect that there needs to be a bit more shade variety for darker skintones, but the light tones are definitely all catered for. All in all I think this is a very interesting product from Clinique, it’s nice to try something a little different. You can pick it up from the Clinique website and Boots for £25.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig