Thursday 19 March 2015

Haircare Review: Wet Brush

When I opened my Look Fantastic box to see The Wet Brush I was pretty excited! I've been stuck in my 'Tangle Teezer Rut' for a while now. Even though I thought the Tangle Teezer was fantastic, it's often worth trying out new things every now and again. For the purpose of this review, I'm going to compare the Wet Brush to the Tangle Teezer. 

This is the 'Wet Brush Squirts' a smaller version of the original Wet Brush, worth £11.99. It claims to detangle wet and dry hair "effortlessly". It has a rubber coated handle which allows you to have a firm grip of the brush. This is pretty important to me, you can't even imagine the amount of times my Tangle Teezer has flown across the room. The Wet Brush is shaped more like a traditional brush, whilst the Tangle Teezer isn't, which again makes it easier to hold.

When I first used it, Wet Brush felt completely new as it glided through my hair. The bristles are not as dense as the Tangle Teezer, paired with the "flexible Intelliflex bristles" it feels completely different as it guides through your hair. It's not harsh on your scalp, as it has the little purple dots on the end. The Tangle Teezer doesn't have this so sometimes it can feel a little scratchy. 

I have permed hair, so it's now very curly and can get itself quite knotted. Yet, I feel no pain at all as I brush my hair. It eases all the knots really easily and it doesn't pull at my scalp at all. One thing I have noticed, is that I don't seem to loose as much hair in the brush as I did with the Tangle Teezer. It was never a "problem" but it would often fill up with hair after a little while. I haven't seen this occurring in the Wet Brush. 

It's funny how I've used the Tangle Teezer for so long and it just felt like the perfect brush. When you use something new your whole perspective changes! You can pick up the Wet Brush from Look Fantastic here, I'm totally eyeing up the full sized brush now! 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig