Monday 5 January 2015

2014 Make Up Favourites

Today I thought I'd talk 2014 favourites! This post could literally go on forever, so this year I'm just talking makeup. So what makeup blew me away in 2014? Keep reading and find out! 


First up I'm talking bases and again in 2014 I was really impressed with the high street brands. Rimmel completely rocked my foundation socks! 'Match Perfection' was repurchased at least 3 times this year and it's great at supplying a perfect natural base (link here). Later in the year 'Lasting Finish' was released, I've spoken about this a lot! It's got the natural finish of 'Match Perfection' but with a high coverage finish (link here). Perfect for the days when you need a flawless finish all day long! 'Healthy Mix' by Bourjois was my concealor of choice this year, it gives good coverage and it covers dark circles with ease (link here)!



There has been one choice of powder for me this year and it's the Vichy Dermablend Powder. I apply this over my finished makeup with a fan brush to set my makeup. Let me tell you that this stuff does not let your makeup budge. 10pm and my makeup is still perfect and there is not a hint of oil in sight (link here)!

My most used blusher of the year is Japonesque's Velvet Touch Blush in 01. I bought this at the start of the year after watching FleurDeForce's 2013 favourites and it completely blew me away. It has the most beautiful packaging, it's so pigmented and the colour is gorgeous (link here). 

One product you should totally believe the hype on is the Body Shop Honey Bronzer. I resisted this for so long, but when I caved I was gutted I waited. This stuff is perfect for my skintone, it's really easy to work with and it's the first bronzer I've ever hit pan on (link here)!


Palette of the year goes to the Too Faced Natural Eyes eyeshadow palette. I bought this on a whim and it really impressed me. The eyeshadows are amazing quality; they are buttery, blendable and pigmented. It's by far my most used palette of the year and it's well worth the money (link here).




I've used a lot of mascara this year but the Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Endless mascara was one of my favourites. This gives you the most amazing lashes, the brush is lovely and it's only £7.99. Win, win! (link here)

My brow product of the year goes to the Model Co More Brows Gel. There were a lot of brow gels this year but this was by far my favourite. The best thing was I actually received this in a Glossybox?! The colour is a perfect match for my brows and it gives my brows definition in a single stroke (link here)!



Highlighter of the year goes to Mary-Lou Manizer from The Balm. This is the most pigmented highlighter I've ever used! You just need to touch your brush into the powder and you have enough for your full face. It's a gorgeous shade and it's so lovely to use (link here)!

I could never pick a single nail polish as my 2014 favourite, so this year I picked a brand! The award this year goes to Essie! This year Essie has been amazing, I have bought so many polishes and the shades are gorgeous. (link here)

So that's it, my 2014 makeup favourites! I've really enjoyed trying products this year and I have found some absolute gems! The high street has taken the world by storm and so many brands have upped their game. If you have a post or video of your 2014 favourites, leave me a link below, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig