Sunday 10 August 2014

DUPE: Speckle vs. Swan




In my July favourites I featured Illamasqua’s Speckle nail polish, which was part of the limited edition Imperfection collection last year. Although the rest of the collection is available, sadly the nail polish is now unavailable to buy,  I hate featuring things you can’t get hold of, it’s annoying wanting something you cannot buy. Which made wonder, is there something similar available which you can get?

I had a look in my collection to find something to recreate the look and I stumbled across Model Own’s Swan. ‘Swan’ is a relatively new release from the Speckled Egg collection, released at Easter time. The similarity between these two polishes is uncanny!  As you can see by the swatches they are practically identical! It’s very hard to tell them apart, except for the size of the ‘dots’ inside the polish and Swan being slightly darker; Illamasqua is on the left and Models Own is on the right.

So if you missed the Illamasqua Imperfection Collection but liked the look of the Speckle polish in my July favourites, it’s good news! You can go head to Superdrug and pick up a cheeky dupe for a tiny £5!


Have you found any dupes recently?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig