Sunday 1 June 2014

Origins Zero Oil Toner


It's really unlike me to splurge on skincare, the sheer worry of not liking something worries me too much. However, whilst reordering my beloved Clear Improvement Mask this caught my eye and I had to have it. Again, unlike me I hadn't read a single review on this, and being a beauty blogger, I always read the reviews. Either way, it arrived and I put it straight to the test!

"This invigorating, multitasking toner uses natural ingredients to delete excess oil without overdrying skin. Formulated with skin-clearing saw palmetto, cooling mint, and pore-minimizing salicylic acid, it instantly reduces shine and removes excess oil. Pores are refined. Shine is reduced. Skin feels refreshed. And of course, less oil can reduce the likelihood of breakouts and blackheads."

Zero Oil is a pore purifying toner, packed with a lot of essential oils: Saw Palmetto and Laminaria Saccharina which is said to minimise the production of excess oil. Salicylic Acid which is a chemical exfoliant and Aloe Leaf which aims to soothe and calm skin. It also has a heap of other ingredients; Spearmint, Lemon, Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang and Lavender Essential Oils. 

When you first use this toner it's actually a bit odd, it has a minty scent which makes you feel like you're toning your skin with mouthwash. But it's actually really refreshing, it leaves your skin feeling really fresh and clean. It's definitely made a positive difference to my skin already, it's matte in finish and I've had a noticeable reduction in spots! The toner also claims to tighten the appearance of pores, I think it's a little too soon to comment on this, but I'll be sure to report back!

This is the first toner I've ever used that left my skin feeling moisturised and not dry, which is incredible. It's instant love and I cannot get enough! Have you tried this toner? What do you think? What toner do you use?

Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig