Sunday 8 December 2013

A Whole New Hair Adventure | Products for Curly Hair





I recently ditched my straight, flat, lifeless hair and opted for a perm. I know sounds crazy, my initial thought was 'does anyone even perm their hair anymore?' My hairdresser remarked that perms definitely still happen, just a little different to how they used to be. I decided to go for a volume ringlet perm, perfect for adding volume to your hair and leaving a beautiful gentle wave. 

However this is a whole new ball game for hair products, I need things for curves and anti-frizz instead of the volumising hairsprays I have plenty of stock of. I literally didn't have a clue where to start, so I just looked for offers on any kind of curling product and went a little mad. 


The thing I've most successful for my hair is the Bumble and Bumble hair products, which is no huge surprise, because they are the most expensive. For non-wash hair days I've been spraying a combination of BB Thickening Hairspray and BB Surf Spray and scrunching my hair. It adds some really nice definition to my curls and wakes it up a little. A cheaper alternative for this John Frieda Frizz Ease Styling Spray, it's a really nice product and its a fraction of the price.

When I was my hair, before I dry it with the diffuser I've found mousse's to be the best for my hair. My favourite of the two I've tried so far is the Umberto Giannini Shapely Curl Friends mousse, it's a really light mousse and it smells incredibly. Another one I'm fond of is the John Frieda Styling Mousse, it adds bounce and volume but has more of a tendency to go crispy in the hair. 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig