Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Beauty Buys and More: Haul

 
January brings my Birthday and Birthday's bring money, so I've been doing a little bit of shopping! I thought I'd try some high end beauty items and see if they are worth the hype, so I went for a bit of a spree. 


First up, Space NK. I cannot explain how jealous I am of people who have a Space NK close to where they live, Space NK stores literally sound like a beauty lovers heaven! Space NK sent me an email to say that the first 100 people to place an online order would get a free Diptypue solid perfume. Naturally I couldn't resist such an offer, so I finally bought the Laura Mercier eyeshadow trio I've been lusting over. The palette is called "smoky mauves" and has three beautiful purple shades. Next up I bought the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original from Look Fantastic. My eyelids are quite oily so eyeshadow rarely stays put, so I'm excited to try this.


I decided I wanted to try some high end eye shadows and spent some time deciding what brand to choose. In the end I decided to pick some MAC eye shadows, everyone raves about them so I thought I'd give them a whirl. I picked Naked Lunch and Wedge and decided to get the palette versions. I stupidly didn't realise that all the pro palettes cost exactly the same, otherwise I would have picked out a four way palette, so annoying!


Next up I decided to try a new blusher! I've been on and off the Illamasqua website for months and decided to take the plunge. They had a free delivery offer and I got 15% off as it was my Birthday month. I picked out Beg as I don't have any blushers that are this deep, dark colour.


I really wanted to try out the Real Techniques eyeshadow brushes, but I don't think I need half of the core collection for brushes. So I decided to try the Travel Essentials collection, everyone raves about the multi-task brush, so I cannot wait to try it!


Next up Superdrug were offering free delivery and I noticed that the Maybelline Colour Tattoo eye shadows were on offer. I've really wanted to try one of these for ages, I decided to go for the Pink Gold shade. I also picked up the B Pure Micellar Water, I really love water cleansers so I cannot wait to try this! I also picked up the nude shade of the Rimmel Scandleyes Waterproof eyeliners.


You've probably heard about the £20 voucher that is inside Elle magazine this month for Kurt Geiger, I'm actually a subscriber so I got the £25 voucher inside my magazine and decided to treat myself to this little bag. I don't have any of little black smart bags so this is a great addition to my bag collection!


The last bits I picked up were from Urban Outfitters (my new addiction). We all know I'm crazy for Owls and when I saw this clock I had to have it! I also picked up the Blog Inc book which is a bargain for a fiver!



*Disclaimer*
Posts may include press samples, all press samples are always indicated with a * next to the product name. Some links included in this post are likely to be affilate links, but please be aware that posts are NOT affilate driven. If you want to know more, check out my full disclaimer.


Follow
 
© Copyright 2016 - Stephanie Usher - Beauty Blog