Tuesday 1 May 2018

Three ways to spruce up your home for spring

Chris and I are at that point where we've owned our flat for four years and we're desperate to move to somewhere bigger and a little longer-term. We've been looking around and things haven't quite clicked into place yet, so in the meantime, I've been doing a few home décor changes. This way I get the best of both worlds: a home that feels brand new, without the hassle of moving! Of course, as March rapidly approaches, it's the perfect time for a bit of a spring spruce up, so I thought I'd share three things I've done to make my home feel ready for springtime.




#1 - New photography
Chris and I have loads of photography dotted around our home, so I've been taking the opportunity to give everything a little bit of a switch up. The first thing I did was swap out a lot of our photographs that were already in frames. Lots of the pictures were quite old and faded, so I've really enjoyed swapping things out for fresh new pictures, full of new memories. Another thing I've been doing is adding new frames to the wall - for Christmas my sister gave me this gorgeous Polaroid frame, which I've filled with the Instax photographs we took on our road trip in August. Every time I pop into bedroom, I get to relive the memories, which I just love!



#2 - Filling the flat with plants
When you watch Zoella vlogs on the regular, it's no surprise that the need for houseplants seeps into your brain and just takes over all your thoughts. On my birthday this year, I tricked Chris into taking me to B&Q so we could pick up a load of plants for our home. I can't lie to you that we bought a second Bonsai tree and it's already dying, but the easier plant children are going strong and it makes me so happy! It was great timing as my sister picked me up this gorgeous Matalan Planter, which is absolutely stunning, so I've been adding my plants into it and experimenting with different styles. Because my track record with plants isn't too fantastic, I've also been picking up a few good fakes, which look amazing. I've picked up this lovely vase of Eucalyptus from ASDA, which was well under a tenner and it looks gorgeous.




#3 - Adding new accessories 
The other thing I've been doing (which Chris is less on board with) is buying loads of amazing new accessories. My star purchase is this incredible Pineapple Vase, which was £4 from ASDA - could you get more on trend for under five squid?! I don't think so! If there's someone who LOVES a good quote, it's me! So there's no surprise that I couldn't resist this 'Every Moment Matters' plaque, which is a lovely white shade, so it can literally fit into any space!





I'd love to hear your tips on switching up your living space, I'd love to hear them - I'm always looking for new ideas!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig