Monday 15 January 2018

What I Got For Christmas | The 2017 Edition

I know this is quite late in the “what I got for Christmas” season, but they are one of my favourite kinds of posts to read at this time of the year. Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve found myself reading a lot of Christmas related blog posts and I’ve really been enjoying looking at what people got for Christmas! I don’t really ask for beauty gifts for Christmas and instead I get a lot of lifestyle related bits, so I thought it would be a lovely opportunity to share a different side of my personality. I really was very lucky this year and feel so blessed to say that I got a lot of gifts, so for this post I’ve really selected my highlights. Of course, it goes without saying, that this post isn’t designed to brag or boast, so if this type of thing offends you, feel free to come back tomorrow for something different!




The Pandora Obsession Continues
Those who know me well will know that I have a huge Pandora obsession and I got lots of unexpected Pandora gifts this year! I’m a huge fan of the Disney collection, I’ve actually bought loads of it home from the USA over the years, so I’m chuffed it’s here in the UK now! I’ve had my locket for around a year now and I love that they’ve released Disney charms to go inside. Are they not the cutest thing?! I was also gifted two of the Disney bracelet charms, which have officially stated my ‘Disney Bracelet’.  On the very top of my wish list this year was the Pandora Oval Ring, which I just think is one of the prettiest rings they’ve ever made! I’ve worn it every single day since I got it! 




Things For The Home
This Christmas I had asked for a little ring dish to store my engagement ring, as I’m still at the stage of taking it off over night. My lovely sister-in-law-to-be bought me a lovely square dish, with the word ‘bling’ written on it. It’s utterly perfect and now has pride of place on my dressing table. My sister also got me this gorgeous dish from Matalan that says, ‘Ooh La La’ which I’m using to store some of my other jewellery. If there’s another “safe bet” present for me, it’s a cushion, man I love cushions! The Disney X Cath Kidston Cushion is white and has a lovely print of Mickey and Minnie on the front. Did I mention I love cushions and Disney? Yeah I thought so, hehe! 



I have a bit of an obsession with LED lights and on this year’s hit list was this gorgeous Sass And Bell Cloud LED Light, which my sister kindly bought me! At the moment, it’s taking pride of place in my bedroom, along with the polaroid hanging frame that she got me. However, it’s pretty damn bright, so I may rethink its home to somewhere like the office! 

I’m a bit of a home fragrance hoarder and I’ve recently discovered a little bit of an obsession for reed diffusers. So, I was pretty pumped that my beautiful friend Amber bought be the Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia Reed Diffuser, which is practically the best smelling and most luxurious home fragrance I’ve ever owned. English Pear & Freesia is my favourite scent, so she’s done an incredible job picking this out for me. To finish off the home, I also got a gorgeous Yankee Votive Set, which has a lovely votive plus three delicious scents.




Fully Kitted Out With Kate Spade Goodies
My other obsession in life is Kate Spade and they are always a safe bet when it comes to buying me a gift, as I simply can’t get enough! My lovely blogging bestie Steph (from Merry Musing) picked me up this gorgeous Kate Spade Tumbler, which I adore, as it has a lovely gold stripe detail. And as if that wasn’t enough, she also got me a Kate Spade Notebook and some matching Kate Spade Mechanical Pencils – talk about spoiled – thank you Steph! My lovely future in laws also picked me up the Kate Spade Spotted Notebook, which is finished with the ‘So Well Composed’ caption – so I’m well and truly kitted out! 




Drinks On-The-Go
I’m quite passionate about trying to reduce my drink-related waste and so for Christmas I asked for lots of drink-related presents. First of all I really wanted a reusable water bottle, which was both cute and practical. I loved this option from the Cath Kidston X Disney collection and I know I’m going to use it all the time. I also asked for a reusable coffee cup and I’ve had my eye on the Gemma Correll Capugccino one for ages, so I was very chuffed to have it in my kitchen! My other kitchen related gifts included this Mojito Set (which is my favourite cocktail) plus a handy cocktail shaker, which I’ve wanted for ages! And... it wouldn’t be Christmas without a new mug – I think this Pug Mug from New Look is super sweet. 




Beauty “Essentials”
As I mentioned, I don’t ask for a lot of beauty gifts at Christmas. However, one thing I’ve been asking Chris for is a top up of my favourite Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia fragrance. Ever since mine ran out, I’ve been desperate to get some more, so I was super chuffed with this! Especially as he picked it up in the lace print bottle, which couldn’t be more beautiful. Whilst he was there he picked me up one of the Jo Malone Crackers, which feels super extravagant.  I can’t get over the little miniatures, which I’m almost considering not using (but I will definitely cave). 




Keeping organised 
I’m a huge fan of Jamie Oliver, so I was desperate to get his new book – 5 Ingredients. Chris and I have been a bit lazy with meal planning recently, so I’m looking forward to getting more organised with these simple recipes. I was also gifted two lovely planners, one from my friend Sophie who got me one of the Ban.Do planners – YES! I’ve wanted one of these for ages and I think they are super cute. Chris also got me the Paperchase Blogger Journal, which I’ve actually not seen before, but it’s packed with really handy pages and organisation ideas. My lovely friend Sarmia got me this beautiful Vivienne Westwood Card Holder, which is really handy. I’ve got quite a big purse, which takes up a lot of space in some of my smaller bags, so I’m happy to have this beauty in my life. 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig