Friday 23 June 2017

2017 Highlights | Part One

Can you believe that we’re already approaching the end of June? I know it’s such a cliché thing to say but I can’t believe how quickly the years are passing me by! When we started 2017 I had a lot of things to look forward to and the first half of the year hasn’t disappointed! I thought this June I’d share some of highlights of year so far, just as a little reminder that sometimes you never know what the best moments will be. 



Turning 25 In Edinburgh 
This birthday my fella surprised me with a flying trip to Edinburgh. Edinburgh has been on the top of must-see list for a long time, so it was amazing to finally tick it off! We walked about 1000 miles, learnt a lot about whisky, climbed to the top of Edinburgh castle and ate lots of yummy food! All-in-all it was the most amazing trip and we would definitely go again!



Falling In Love With Flowers
I’ve always been a bit of a flower fan, but this year I’ve really enjoyed filling my house with pretty petals. You may remember back in January I discovered Blossoming Gifts (check out my blog post here) and I’m super excited to have another bunch of flowers to admire. This time I’ve got the Pink Peony Bouquet and as you can see in these pictures they are utterly beautiful. Filling my home with flowers just makes me feel so happy, it does wonders for the soul! 




A Trip Up The i360 Tower 
For our anniversary this year we took a trip to Brighton for a trip along the beach! Whilst we were there we ate cupcakes on the beach, took lots of photographs and shot up into the sky on the British Airways i360 tower. We picked up a handy voucher from Buy A Gift, which gave us dinner and two i360 tickets at a bargain price. The i360 is really good fun and it’s fantastic if you’re a fan of an impressive view. 

Manicures With Mane ‘n’ Tail
I’m really lucky to be invited to lots of exciting events but one of best this year, has to be the trip to Dry By with Mane ‘n Tail. It was fantastic to spend some 1:1 time with the Dowal Walker team and I felt utterly spoiled from start to finish! I really enjoyed learning about Mane ‘n Tail (check out my blog post here) and I my sparkly purple nails were so pretty!




A Spa Day With Comfort Zone At Aqua Sana
When one of your favourite brands invites you for a spa day, I think it’s only natural that you pinch yourself! Aqua Sana Woburn is one of my favourite places on earth, so to be able to visit there for a day of pampering was just dreamy. If you want to know more about Comfort Zone and their amazing treatments, you should check out my blog post here

Toasting Marshmallows & Top Golf 
I really love the unexpected family days when you just get to spend some quality time with your loved ones. In April my in-laws had a spontaneous bonfire in their garden and we all stood around toasting marshmallows – it’s harder than it looks! In May we celebrated Chris’ birthday at Top Golf with my sister and brother-in-law. We’ve been meaning to go to Top Golf for ages and it was such a laugh! 




Exploring Marlow With Macdonald Hotels
It’s not every day that you get to head to a luxury hotel, to be wine and dined for a full weekend. Our trip to Marlow to check out the Macdonald Compleat Angler Hotel was just second to none. We drove down the River Thames in a little boat, dined in an award winning hotel, treated ourselves to Afternoon Tea and I picked up a new Kate Spade handbag. Read all about our Marlow trip in my blog post here.

Dune Buggying & Meeting Elephants In Fuerteventura 
At the end of May we headed for a week break in Fuerteventura with my sister and brother-in-law. I was excited to get away but I hadn’t prepared myself for falling in love with Fuerteventura. It’s the most beautiful island and we had so much fun! Some of the highlights have to be Dune Buggying across the island and falling in love with some really clever Elephants. Read all about my Fuerteventura trip in my blog post here.




The Capital Summertime Ball
My last highlight has to be hitting up the Capital Summertime Ball with Stephanie (Merry Musing). I’ve always wanted to go to the Capital Summertime Ball, but I’ve never managed to get tickets – so when Stephanie managed to get tickets I couldn’t turn them down. We spent seven full hours dancing to Bruno Mars, Stormzy, Little Mix, Clean Bandit, Sean Paul and over 20 other artists. It was such a great experience!  

I’d love to hear about some of your 2017 highlights, no matter how big or small they were! Leave me a comment below… 



Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig