Monday 15 May 2017

The Five Product Flawless Base | theBalm

I’ve always admired theBalm from a bit of a distance – I’ve tried their beautiful highlighters and their eyeshadow palettes, but other than that, my exposure to their wonderful brand has been quite limited. I didn’t even realise that their makeup collection is huge, featuring everything you could possibly ever need. That’s why I jumped at the chance to try five of their wonderful products, which thebalm say will help you to create the perfect base!


First up, let’s talk primer! The TimeBalm Face Primer arrives in a pink box, which is decorated with vintage style writing. When you open the box you find a hot pink tube, which houses the exciting primer. The primer is incredibly smooth and is silicon based, this means that smooths onto the skin and leaves your skin looking even, whilst minimising the signs of fine lines and pores. It has no scent and is completely clear, which makes it completely undetectable on the skin. The TimeBalm Face Primer is infused with Vitamins A,C and E, you can use it on its own, or as a base for your makeup.



I’m about to go on holiday, so right now I’m all about the tinted moisturisers, as they give you a light coverage, which looks natural on the skin. The BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer arrives in a beige box, which makes the tube of product inside. What I love about this particular tinted moisturiser, is that it’s packed with SPF 18, which is a great bit of extra protection when you’re out and about in the sun. I have the shade light/medium which always worries me, as I’m very pale, but it matches my skin perfectly. It blends into the skin effortlessly, improving the skin’s tone and texture, so you look a little bit more polished.



Now lets talk concealer, because I always need a little bit of help under the eyes! The TimeBalm Concealer arrives in a multi-coloured box and the concealer itself is in a little clear tub. The concealer is a cream consistency and it’s quite thick, this means that it offers a really decent coverage on the skin! The Balm say that this beauty will work around the clock, to keep wrinkles at bay, thanks to the formulation including  Vitamins A, C, E and Panthenol. I think it’s a great concealer, which does a great job at concealing lines, dark circles, puffiness and redness.



Now we need a powder, because if you’re anything like me, your oily skin needs a little bit of TLC throughout the day. Of course, if you have drier skin, you can skip this step, or use the powder on its own, instead of the tinted moisturiser! Photobalm is a powder foundation which arrives in a cardboard compact – when you flip open the compact you’ll find a large mirror and the powder inside. It’s a lovely buildable powder, which means you can go from a light blotting powder, do something with much more full coverage. What I love about this is that it’s made completely without talc – I’m not too fussed about talc, but I know a lot of my readers are!


I definitely saved the best to last and if you’re a beauty fan, you probably don’t need an introduction to the Mary-Lou Manizer. This is one fantastic highlighter, which really does pack a punch on the skin! It arrives in a solid compact, which keeps the highlighter safe, which also has a handy mirror inside. It’s a lovely gold hue, which can be used as a highlighter, an eyeshadow or a subtle shimmer. The shade effortlessly diffuses light on your skin, leaving you with that beautiful glow.

I’m so excited to finally have some more theBalm products in my collection! I’ve had so much fun testing and playing with these new products. Let me know if you’ve tried any of these products and whether you’ll be adding any to your shopping list!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig