Wednesday 3 May 2017

My curly hair essentials

In case you’ve missed the memo until now: I have curly hair. I have permed curly hair – yes - I have curly hair through choice! My natural hair is poker straight and flat, so much so that I spent all my teen years wishing for curly, voluminous hair! I spend hours each morning curling my hair into the pretty wave I desired. When I was much younger, I had the traditional crazy perm and I whilst I loved the volume, the curl wasn’t for me. This was until I met my current hairdresser, who still perms hair and was well up for giving me the ringlet perm I desired – hurrah! Little did I know that finding good products for my curly hair would be a nightmare! After years of testing and trying tons of products, I wanted to share some of my favourite finds with you today!




AQUIS Hair Towel*
I’ve been a huge fan of the AQUIS Hair Towel for a couple of years now and it’s completely changed my hair routine! This was actually the worlds original microfiber hair towel, using their 'Aquitex weave' to transform microfiber into a luxury towel fabric. The joy of the AQUIS Hair Towel is that it can absorb a lot more water from your hair, whilst remaining lightweight and soft. This means that you don’t need to rub your hair, thus there's very little chance of frizz and damage. 




Living Proof Curl Range*
I’ve always admired Living Proof from a distance (mainly because I have a big girl crush on Jennifer Anniston) so I was super excited to get the chance to try their products. I love that they tackle things a little bit differently, instead of having shampoos and conditioners, they have a whole host of different products. I’ve been testing three products: The Detangling Rinse* (shampoo), the Curl Conditioning Wash* (conditioner) and the Curl Defining Styling Cream*. It’s a fantastic range for removing frizz and defining curls without using sulphates or silicones.         



John Frieda Frizz Ease Collection*
If you don’t want to spend quite so much on shampoo and conditioner, by favourites are by John Frieda. The Frizz Ease collection has grown a lot over the last couple of years and there is a lot on offer! The ‘Dream Curls’ collection is great for curl definition, whilst the ‘Miraculous Recovery’ collection is great if you suffer from drier curls. These collections leave the hair feeling clean and soft, whilst keeping frizz at bay – the best bit is that they don’t cost a fortune! 




Kevin Murphy*
I’ve also been testing some fantastic styling products from Kevin Murphy, which is a fantastic line for people who crave more definition in their curls. I’ve fallen in love with KILLER.CURLS* product, which is an anti-frizz crème for curl definition and style. The goal of this particular product is to offer hold for the curls, without restricting the natural movement of the hair. This means that you create pretty curls, which look and feel natural! I’ve also been testing the MOTION.LOTION*, which I’m going to be taking with me on holiday! Why you ask? Well it actually has sun cream built into the formulation, which protects the hair while your having fun in the sun. 




Bumble & Bumble Curl Pre-Style/Re-Style Primer
One of the biggest gaps in the curly hair market is something for reactivating dry curls. Even with a perm, my curls fall out whilst I sleep, so I need something to spray onto my dry hair to reintroduce the curls. I tried a lot of high street products for this purpose and I was so disappointed. My disappointment encouraged me to invest in this beauty from Bumble & Bumble. You simply spray this onto your dry hair, give it a scrunch and the curls spring back into life. 




So, there you have it, my curly hair essentials and some of my favourite products! I’d love to hear your thoughts on these in the comments below. What are your favourite haircare products?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig