Monday 22 May 2017

5 Affordable Beauty Buys You Have to Try Now | Guest Post

Today's guest post is from the beautiful Sam from Made From Beauty. She runs such a phenomenal beauty blog, which I've followed for years - it's an honour to have her write something for my blog! This guest post will have you lusting over some amazing products and the best bit is that they don't cost a fortune! Check out Made From Beauty for new beauty post five times a week, but for now over to Sam...

There really are some amazingly affordable beauty buys out there; little gems of makeup and skincare magic waiting to be discovered in the aisles of Boots & Superdrug. So today I’m bringing you a round up of 5 affordable products you’ve got to pop in your basket now.




L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt Mascara
When it comes to affordable beauty, I don’t think you can beat a highstreet mascara. I personally think L’Oreal mascaras are some of the best on the market. The one I have been reaching for recently, for full, long, luscious lashes is the L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt Mascara. The unique comb like brush lifts the lashes from the root, giving you miles of length with a heavy dose of volume. After trying this product, I seriously do not think you have to pay a lot to get incredible lashes. And when you think that mascaras kind of need to be replaced every three months – who wants to splash the cash here? 




Maybelline Age Rewind Eye Concealer
Normally I would suggest spending a little extra money on getting your base makeup just right. But when a product is as good as the Maybelline Age Rewind Eye Concealer, why bother? This concealer has to be one of my favourites for covering darkness under the eyes and those pesky blemishes, not just because of it’s affordable price tag, but because of it’s amazing formulation. If you are in the market for a long-lasting, high coverage, natural looking concealer, you have to try this Maybelline number out. 




The Skin System Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover
When it comes to removing makeup, affordable brands have a lots of choice. But how does £2.00 for one of the best eye makeup removers I’ve ever tried sound? Sounds pretty good, right? The ASDA Skin System Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover has some serious removing power behind it. The dual phase formula tackles waterproof mascara just as easily as the cult favourite Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover, whilst still being gentle and easy to use. 




The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2% Serum
I couldn’t do an affordable products round-up without mentioning something from new brand The Ordinary, now could I? The Ordinary have recently burst onto the beauty scene with kick-ass skincare ingredients at ultra affordable prices. With no-frills packaging, and ‘lets get down to business’ product names, I have fallen in love with this brand. I have been trying out the Advanced Retinoid 2% Serum for a few weeks now, and am happy to report it is a little miracle in a bottle. The lightweight serum sinks into the skin instantly and then gets to work throughout the night at revealing younger looking, brighter skin. 




COLAB Dry Shampoos 
One of my go-to affordable buys every time I go shopping is dry shampoo. I love me a good dry shampoo, and in my opinion COLAB make the best out there. I load up on their original formula (although they also have the Extreme Volume if you want a bit extra va va voom!) everyday to keep hair fresh and clean. The innovative formula leaves no white residue, even on my very dark hair, and lets 3 day old hair move and feel like freshly washed hair. 




So have you tried any of these products before? Or do you have another affordable favourite you think should have made it into this list? Let me and Stephanie know in the comments below! 


Sam
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig