Tuesday 21 March 2017

My Latest Drugstore Dash | A Boots Haul

I recently met up with Stephanie (from the fabulous blog Merry Musing) and we did a little bit of shopping. If you’ve never tried hitting up Boots with another beauty blogger, I highly recommend it. We had a lot of fun eyeing up makeup products and searching the little blue stickers marked ‘new’ (I didn’t even know this was a thing – thanks Steph). The only problem with shopping with a beauty blogger, is that you enable each other to buy a lot of pretty products – watch out for your bank balance! I’m not complaining though, as Stephanie showed me lots of products she’s been trying out, which I subsequently added to my collection. So, I thought it was only right to share some of my purchases with you guys today. 




Barry M Coconut Infusion Nail Paint in Oasis & Storm - £4.99 each
First up we have two new shades of the Coconut Infusion Nail Paint! I first fell in love with this range this time last year, when it was a brand new innovative formula. The range has grown a lot in the last twelve months and I can never resist the new shades! The formulation blends Coconut Water and Coconut Oil together, which creates a polish which hydrates and nourishes the nails. Surprisingly, Barry M’s Spring releases feel very autumnal, which suits me fine, as I’m not ready to give up the darker hues just yet. Storm is a deep greige-taupe and Oasis is a stunning deep purple hue. 




Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber - £7.99
As soon as I spotted this in the shop, I knew I had to take it home! Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber aims to shake up your brow game by bringing something completely new to the market. It’s Maybelline’s first fibre-packed formulation, which is designed to cling to your brow hairs, filling in any gaps that you might have! Now, fibre gels have been in the market for a while, but what interested me most was the comb! Maybelline call it a ‘paddle brush’ and it’s the perfect way to describe it, it’s shaped just like the paddle brushes you use on your hair! The paddle brush to combs through every hair, for perfectly preened brows!

Rimmel London Volume Colourist Mascara - £7.99
I’ve seen Rimmel’s Volume Colourist Mascara on a few blogs and I figured it was about time to give it a try. What’s different about this mascara is that it gradually tints your lashes over time. Rimmel say that their semi-permanent lash-tint complex progressively darkens your lashes over two weeks of regular application. The tint has been put inside a volumising formulation, where the brush wraps around every lash, so it’s perfect for people who want a dramatic finish to your lashes.





Rimmel London Magnif’eyes Eyeshadow Palette in Grunge Glamour - £7.99
Frequent readers will know that it’s completely against my nature to resist an eyeshadow palette. So when Stephanie recommended the Magnif’eyes Eyeshadow Palette I knew it would become part of my collection. I opted for the shade ‘Grunge Glamour’ which features 8-shades which you can use to create a variety of looks. Five of the shades are very neutral and three of the shades are a bit darker and daring.  There’s also a good mix of high-shimmer and matte shades, which means you can create any look that suits your mood. There’s even a handy mirror in the palette which makes it a perfect handbag palette! 

Maybelline Leather Effect Color Tattoo in Vintage Plum £4.99
Last but not least we have this little pot of goodness! Now, I’m a huge fan of the Maybelline’s original Color Tattoo eyeshadows and I’ve always avoided the Leather Effect formulation. However, when I sure ‘Vintage Plum’ in the flesh I felt a compelling need to add it to my collection (I have this thing about purple eyeshadow). I’m really excited to play with this alternative matte formulation and see how I get on!




So there you have it, five new drugstore products that I’ve recently added to my makeup stash! I’d love to know what you think of these products if you’ve tried them and I’ll definitely be reporting back with my testing soon!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig