Friday 14 October 2016

The Sigma Baking & Strobing Collection

This new Baking & Strobing Brush Collection from Sigma couldn’t be more on trend right now. The full collection features five new and unique brushes which are perfect for people who want to try the strobing or baking trend. Each brush is designed to be used with cream, liquid or powder – so you can apply, blend, set or highlight the skin. The range has been created with the idea of replacing your Beauty Blender or other makeup sponge. As the fibres in the brushes are designed to stop makeup absorption, which is what encourages bacteria to grow in our brushes.



I’ve been testing two of the new brushes for a while now, as I featured them in my Autumn Edit, where I earmarked them as two fantastic brushes for achieving pretty, glowing skin. The first of the brushes I’ve been using is the F89 Bake Kabuki* - as you can see by the pictures it’s a densely packed kabuki brush, which has a flat edge at the top of the brush.  Sigma Beauty designed this brush to press on your setting powder, but it’s actually a great brush for applying contour or foundation. You can use the flat edge to get close around your eyes, or to really define your cheekbones.

The second brush I’ve been testing is the F42 Strobing Fan*, I’ve actually used a fan brush in my makeup routine for a long time, so I was really excited to add a new one to my collection. The Strobing Fan is actually a fairly small brush, which means you can get really close under your eyes and around your nose. What’s different about this fan brush is that it’s actually designed for highlighter, so it applies it flawlessly an blends it over the skin. What I love about this brush is that it’s has a lot more hairs than a lot of my other fan brushes. It means that you can be a bit more precise with your application, which makes it fantastic for highlighter, powder or finishing powders.  It’s also really fluffy, which makes it a dream to use – a lot other fan brushes can be a bit scratchy!




As with most brushes, each of the brushes has been designed with a specific use in mind, but they are totally multifunctional and you can use them in any way you wish. As I mentioned before, there are actually three other brushes in this collection; the F06 Powder Sweep, the F79 Concealer Blend Kabuki and the P80Bake Precision. You can buy each of the products separately or buy the full sethere for $89.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig