Monday 12 September 2016

Trip The Light Fantastic Powders | MAC Star Trek Collection

I'll be the first to admit that I rarely like the MAC collections. For me they tend to be too bold or too OTT for a girl who likes that natural beauty finish. No part of me is a Star Trek fan, so when I heard that MAC were releasing a Star Trek-inspired collection, no part of me was interested. I naively chucked it into the "trash" in my email and forgot all about it. That was until Selfridges sent me an email with these beautiful powders hidden at the end. I had not seen anything about them, but I knew I needed them. I put out a tweet asking my fellow beauty fans what they were and within half an hour I'd placed an order.



Since placing my Star Trek themed order I've been reading a lot about Star Trek and it's stamp on the makeup industry. MAC's collection has been created to celebrate 50 years of Star Trek. It's inspired by all things astrological, bringing deep earthy hues, glitter and shimmer, all packaged in sleek packaging. The collection features 25 products - being a highlighter obsessive, the product that caught my eye was the Trip The Light Fantastic Powders. These powders are fabulous multi use products and they actually remind me of the Hourglass Ambient Highlighting Blushers, which are one of my favourite products of all time.



They are swirled powders designed to add luminosity to the skin, blending effortlessly into the skin. The powders are fairly sheer in pigmentation, meaning that you can use them as a highlighter, as a blusher or even as a bronzer. The Trip The Light Fantastic Powders are available in three different shades. There is 'Luna Luster' which is a pretty rose shimmer, 'Strange New Worlds' which is a strong coral hue and 'Highly Illogical' which is a pretty golden plum. My regular readers won't be surprised that I struggled to pick one colour. In the end I opted for 'Luna Luster' as it's a great everyday hue and 'Highly Illogical' as it's going to be fantastic for autumn. I've been loving layering Luna Luster to the top of my cheekbones for a natural highlight and using Highly Illogical on the apples of my cheeks for a plum blush hue. I love how versatile these powders are and I'm so chuffed to have them in my collection. 

The Trip The Light Fantastic Powders retail for £26.50 each, you can pick them up from John Lewis here. You can also buy them from Selfridges, MAC Cosmetics and Debenhams. 





Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig