Friday 2 September 2016

August Favourites 2016 | Makeup & Multi-Masking

At risk of sounding like a walking cliche, where the hell is this year going? It feels like we're traveling at the speed of light! August has been one hell of a month for me, I've had holidays, illnesses and a new job all to contend with. I started the month with the last week of my old job, I decided to hang up my video production shoes and start a new challenge. I had a week in Spain to clear my head and I then jumped straight into my new role as a digital marketer (which I'm loving)! Sadly whilst I was in Spain I picked up some kind of gastro illness and I've been feeling pretty damn poorly for the last few weeks, but it feels like it's all finally coming to an end.

I actually took a week off blogging whilst I was in Spain, but there has still been lots of exciting content here on Hope, Freedom, Love. I've been sharing reviews of LOTS of brand new products including; the new Green Tea range from Roger & Gallet, some stunning matte lipsticks from Maybelline and a brand new brush kit from Real Techniques. I also decided a blog post to the ever-so-important CARE campaign from NIVEA and Cancer Research UKBefore we wave goodbye to August, I do of course need to share my August Favourites with you all. This month it's all been about minimal makeup and creating that summer glow, without looking like a sweaty mess.




True Match Foundation from L'Oreal
This foundation used to be my go-to three years ago, but I finished my bottle and I never got round to repurchasing. When I was in Boots store recently, I noticed that it had been repackaged and I thought I'd give it a go. As the name suggests, L'Oreal hope that everyone can find their 'true match' with this foundation, offering 22 different shades. This shade matches my pale pink-undertoned skin perfectly, offering good coverage in a formula which still looks like skin. I just pop some of the foundation onto my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and it blends into the skin like a dream. It lasts really well too, offering you a matte finish all day long. 

Clinique Chubby Lash Mascara
From the first moment I tried the Clinique Chubby Lash Mascara, I knew it was a winner! The mascara has a big fat plastic brush, which coats the lashes in the most beautiful mascara formula. It instantly adds volume and length to the lashes and the jet black colour offers deep definition. Despite the huge brush, the mascara is really easy to apply and it gives you supermodel lashes without a whole load of effort! 

Laura Mercier Illuminator in Devotion
The last makeup item this month is this gorgeous Illuminator from Laura Mercier. I'm normally a fan of highlighters which really pack a punch in pigmentation, but this product offers something a little different. You really cannot deny how beautiful this is, it's the most pretty swirled product in a sleek black compact. It adds a lovely subtle sheen to the cheek, which catches and reflects the light, whatever the weather.

Multi-Masking with L'Oreal
Last but not least I had to mention these gorgeous clay masks from L'Oreal! I LOVE that L'Oreal has brought multi-masking to the high street and I really think that this launch has upped the profile of multi-masking outside of the bloggersphere. These clay masks do exactly what they say on the tin, they provide a beautiful rich clay mask which works wonders. As you can see in the picture above, my personal favourite is the Detox Mask, which is great for oily t-zones. 

What were your favourites this month? 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig