Wednesday 6 July 2016

Master Contour V Sticks by Maybelline

I have to be honest and admit that I had not prepared myself to be wowed by this product. When I saw the Master Contour sticks from Maybelline, I thought they were a bit gimmicky, but truth be told, I've fallen in love with this product!



The Master Contour V Sticks by Maybelline* might look a little abstract, but they are a very clever invention. They are Maybelline's first 2-in-1 contouring stick, featuring a cream product which is designed to make contouring simple. They are handy twist up sticks, where on one side you have a contour shade and on the other, you have the highlighting shade. Now whenever I read beauty blogs, I always hear that cream contouring is easier than powder contouring and it's something I've never agreed with. I've always found that working with powder is less messy and less complex. However, the Maybelline Master Contour V Sticks make the whole process very simple.

I simply take the contouring stick and stripe the matte bronzer into the hollows of my cheeks. The formulation is rich and creamy, so it applies without dragging or pulling on the skin. I then take a brush and I blend out the edges until it looks soft and natural. What I love about this product is that I can blend it with literally any brush and it works seamlessly. I then take the highlighting shade on top of my cheekbones, blend it out and then add a nice powder highlighter on the top. Simply because one highlighter is never enough for this self-confessed highlighting addict.  You half expect this to be a messy process, but it's actually very easy to get the right product in the right place, without any mishaps.

The product comes in two shades 'light' and 'medium', which I've swatched below for you. The medium shades are on the left side of my hand and the light shades are on the right. The Maybelline Master Contour V Sticks retail for £6.99 each, which I happen to think is an absolute bargain. I've never been sold by a cream contour product before, so I'm sure I'll be coming back for more soon...


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig