Friday 1 July 2016

June Favourites 2016

Happy Friday and happy July, welcome to a whole new month! June really wasn't too shabby at all, we finally got some tiles on the walls in our kitchen and we finally gave our office a makeover! Which means I officially have a desk to work from and storage for all the beauty stuff I need to review, it's even giving me some new photograph locations. Work has been stepping up a gear as we head into our 'busy time', I actually spent last week in Germany filming, which was really productive!

Blog wise, I'm excited to have joined xameliax's contributor team! I'm a huge fan of Amelia's blog and I'm really excited to be part of such an exciting team. Closer to home and here on Hope, Freedom, Love, I shared a few blog posts which I'm really proud of. First of all we have my Guide to SPF, which features answers to all of your FAQ's and a long list of my favourite SPFs. Secondly, we have my Holiday Essentials Guide, which has everything you need for your summer holidays. Which brings me nicely onto the topic of this months favourites, which features lots of fabulous summer-friendly products. Let's see what I've been loving this month...




Active Sheer + Invisible Dry Shampoo
If you're a regular reader here on Hope, Freedom, Love - this first item will not come as any surprise, as I've featured it a lot this month. COLAB Active is the latest COLAB launch, which is an exciting innovation for those of us with active lifestyles. The new formulation is designed to refresh, protect and condition your hair, at any time of the day, even after a workout. The formula includes Moringa Seed Extract, which protects against sun damage and city pollution. You just spritz it into your hair and it brings it back to life, with any residue. The new COLAB Active Sheer + Invisible Dry Shampoo is available right now and it will be priced at £3.99.

Rainforest of the Sea Skin Twinkle Lighting Palette 

I've had this in my collection since March, but this month I have been loving this palette by Tarte Cosmetics. This is a highlighting trio palette, which has three different lighting shades. Inside the palette there are two Luminous Perfecting Powders (in Sunlight and Moonlight) plus a Perfecting Powder in Filtered Light. The shades are designed to be universal, making the ideal palette for strobing and perfecting. What I love about this palette, is that the shades are really flattering to my skintone, but they pack a punch when it comes to pigmentation!

The line of Natural Lip Perfectors by Clarins get a lot of hype on the bloggsphere, so it took me a while to decide whether I wanted to try them or not. More often than not, when there is SO much hype, I worry that I might be left disappointed. However, when Clarins released the two new spring shades, I fell head over heels with Plum Shimmer. It's the most beautiful berry hue, it applies like a dream and it gives the most beautiful effect on the lips. It's not too pigmented, which is great as I'm completely put off by wearing lots of colour on my lips and it feels glorious whilst you wear it too!

I picked up Clinique Chubby Lash when I bought the Latest In Beauty Clinique Beauty Box by Jane Cunningham (British Beauty Blogger). It's been sat in my stash every since, just waiting to be used and loved. I've had five mascaras on my dressing table for months and I was determined to finish them all before opening anything new. However, now I've tested this, I'm not sure I can go back to any other mascara. It's volumising, it seperates the lashes and it gives them such a beautiful lift. It's everything I look for in a mascara and I love it! 

Benefit's Goof Proof Pencil 
The Goof Proof Brow Pencil comes in six different shades, I have shade two which is actually a great match for my brunette brows. The claim from Benefit? Perfect eyebrows, made easy with a product that is Goof Proof! The pencil is a diamond shape, which is slightly skinner on the top than the bottom. This means you have a thicker end to do the bulk of your brow and a skinny tip to do some more precise work. The pencil itself is quite soft and it glides on to your brows with ease, I'm yet to make a mistake with this pencil! The Goof Proof Brow Pencil retails for £18.50.

What were your favourite products this month? I'd love to hear all about them in the comments below!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig