Tuesday 5 July 2016

High End Makeup Haul

There is only so much makeup that one girl needs (said nobody ever). That being said, I try really hard to restrict my beauty spend as much as I can. I find that when I restrict my spending I fall back in love with some of my old favourite products. However, recently I've been picking up a few bits and pieces, so I thought I'd share a little makeup haul! Who doesn't love a little bit of shopping inspiration?

























BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette
The first thing I could not resist is the famous BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette. Beauty fans went mad for this latest product from the BECCA and Jaclyn Hill collaboration and it's no surprise why. The palette is limited edition which means it's already impossible to get hold of, but I'm told you can still get it in some SpaceNK stores. The lovely face palette features five different powders, there are two highlighters (including the original Champagne Pop) and three different blushers. 

NARS Velvet Shadow Stick in 'Oaxaca' 
I have a bit of a thing for trying different cream eyeshadow pencils. I love how simple they are and how they make light work out of doing my makeup. One brand I'm yet to try is NARS, so I decided to get the shade 'Oaxaca', which is a metallic brown/purple shade. I've only tested this on my hand so far, but it feels like a really soft formulation and it's really pigmented! I can't wait to see how well this pencil lasts on my oily eyelids!

Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in 'Euphoric Light'
I love the Ambient Lighting Powders and the Ambient Lighting Blush, so the Ambient Strobing powders were always going to be next on my hit list. They are designed to give you soft and sheer highlight, but they look not for the faint hearted in the pan. Hourglass say that you just sweep the powder to the "tops of your cheekbones, bridge of nose and Cupid’s bow" for a soft focus highlight. You can even use these palettes damp for a really intense finish.

I remember this Laura Mercier palette being released and I basically stapled my hands to my feet to avoid buying it. So when I saw the Sleek & Chic Eye Colour Palette palette in the SpaceNK sale, I had to have it. Laura Mercier says that the palette offers intense, pigmented shades in just one brush stroke. The palette comes packaged in an animal print box and inside you get a large mirror and twelve eyeshadow shades. Anyone who knows me will understand that I was drawn to the purple hues, I'm hopeful this will become my new daily palette!

This concealer gets so much hype on the bloggersphere and I've always wanted to try it. I use the Urban Decay Naked Concealer everyday and it's always compared to the NARS version. So I can't wait to try them side-by-side and see which of the two I prefer. NARS say that the concealer has a luxury texture and luminous finish. It's said to have a medium coverage which you can build when you need extra help. 

So there we have it - five new makeup items which have recently joined my stash! If you've tried any of these products, I'd love to hear what you think of them in the comments below. I'd also have to know about any new makeup you've bought recently, I'm always on the lookout to add new things to my wish list!


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig