Wednesday 15 June 2016

The New Maybelline Bricks Bronzer | Summer Ready

I was recently sent a huge parcel from Maybelline, which was filled to the brim with exciting new Maybelline releases. One thing that immediately caught my eye is the Maybelline Bricks Bronzer. I'm completely obsessed with testing contouring products and I think it's great that the high street is playing in this area. 

The Maybelline Bricks Bronzer comes packaged in a sleek black compact, with a clear lid. The palette is split in two halves, in one half we have a matte bronzer shade, on the other we have the 'bricks' which is made up of three different highlighting shades. Together this palette is designed to give you everything you need to create a bronzed, contoured look. The double palette makes it very handy for travel, you have your bronzer and highlighter all in one handy place. 



When you open the palette it definitely has a perfumed smell to it, it's not chocolate or sweet, instead it has quite a floral scent. The bronzer is nicely pigmented, it's not too pigmented that it's hard to work with, but so sheer that contouring takes a age. The shade is a nice warm hue, which is potentially a little bit orange for my light skin which has a pink undertone. It's really warm shade, which really adds a nice warmth to the skin. In the pan, the highlighters look quite cool-toned and pink, however when you apply it to the skin it's a very gold shade, which is quite unique to my my collection. 

In my opinion this palette is made for holidays, both shades have a lovely golden hue, which will look incredible in the sun or on the beach. When you consider that the Maybelline Bricks Bronzer* only costs £7.99, it's a really impressive product. When I went to my local Boots at the weekend it was completely sold out, so it's obviously been very popular already and I'm really not surprised. 




Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig