Monday 20 June 2016

My Ultimate Holiday Essentials

I’ve been planning this blog post for quite a while, as I wanted to include all the best beauty products, to make your holiday or city break go without a hitch! There are so many products out there, but many of these are my tried and tested solutions, to all the problems that crop up on holiday. Here’s how to keep your skin looking fresh, your nails chip-free and your toiletry bag as light as possible! 




Let’s kick off with skincare and talk about some of my favourite holiday skincare products. I’ve made no secret about my excitement that Serozinc, is now available in a travel friendly form. The combination of La Roche-Posay’s ultra-soothing thermal spring water, healing zinc sulphate and astringent sodium chloride in Serozinc, keeps my skin blemish and oil free in hot climates. I’ve always taken this away with me when I travel, so I’m really excited that I can now pack the mini 50ml bottle! If you missed my recent SPF post, I highly recommend checking it out. It gives you tons of different SPF suggestions and answers all your FAQs. However, I wanted to give a quick mention to the Vichy Ideal Soleil After Sun* which is very new to the market, but it sounds incredible. It’s designed to look after your skin after sun exposure, giving you a burst of hydration for 48 hours. After you’ve been in the sun you simply spritz this oil on in the shower and then rinse it off. It soothes any tightness and dryness in the skin, giving you an instant refresh. If you’re not showering you can just apply it to your dry skin, so it’s an amazing multi-purpose product. 




When it comes to the perfect holiday base, there are two that I’m currently obsessed with. The first one is the ILIA Radiant Beauty Balm* (available at Fenwick of Bond Street), which is the one I turn to when I want a glowing base. It’s a cream formula, which is packed with subtle gold pearl pigments, which diffuse light and give you fresh, youthful appearance. It gives you such a lovely radiant finish on the skin and it’s enhanced with a high-grade, SPF 20 sunscreen, which offers natural UVA and UVB protection.  For something more heavy duty I turn to the  Mattifying Infallible Foundation from L’Oreal. This stuff kept my base looking gorgeous in 40-degree heat and I’ll be turning to it again this year. As you apply the foundation, you quickly see that a little goes a long way, it’s very thick and it blends effortlessly. It leaves behind a flawless coverage, which is completely matte. If you find washing makeup brushes on holiday a pain, but you like to keep your brushes clean, you need to get your hands on the Ecotools Brush Cleansing Wipes*. They take all the pain out of spot washing your brushes, the wipes are soaked in cleanser and they take off makeup with ease. 




If you’ve not already guessed, I’m a huge fan of miniature products. I have a huge drawer full of mini products that I keep for when I travel. The KORRES HOLIDAY IN GREECE* travel kit has been around for a while, but it has recently had a makeover! The set is designed to give you all your daily essentials in miniature form, meaning they are perfect for your hand luggage! As the name suggests, the name is inspired by Greece and the beautiful summer months. Inside the box you get five 40ml bottles of these fabulous KORRES products; the Aloe and Ditanny Shampoo, Basil Lemon Showergel, Basil Lemon Body Milk, Guava Showergel and the Guava Body Butter.

One of the biggest pains on holiday (for me anyway) is keeping my nails looking fresh and chip-free. If you want to keep your nails looking fresh all holiday, you should give the Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat* a whirl. It’s been my favourite top coat now for a while as it gives a beautiful glossy finish. It also keeps your manicure looking good for ages, plus if you reapply the Seche Vite top coat every few days, it will make your manicure last twice as long. It even dries really quickly, which means you don’t have to spend ages painting your nails! I love travelling with Mavala polishes as they are so tiny, so they do not take up loads of room in your suitcase. They’ve recently announced the Sundream Collection* which has been created for Summer 2016. The new collection has everything from bold shades to pastels and nudes. All Mavala nail polishes are free from harmful ingredients such as parabens and formaldehyde. Each of the Mavala Sundream nail polishes retail for £4.95, so they are budget friendly too! 




The last products I want to talk about are haircare related! Dry shampoo is my best friend on holiday, as it tends to get greasy much quicker than normal. COLAB announced the launch of its Active Sheer + Invisible Dry Shampoo* and I’m obsessed with it! The new formulation is designed to refresh, protect and condition your hair, at any time of the day. What makes it really special for holidays, is the Moringa Seed Extract included in the formula, which protects against sun damage and city pollution. You just spritz it into your hair and it brings it back to life, with any residue. The bumble & bumble Curl Pre-Style / Re-Style Primer has been a favourite of mine for years and it’s recently been reformulated. It’s perfect if (like me) you have curly year, you spray it on your hair on it's second day (or throughout the day if you have an important evening event) and it springs your curls back to life. It works really well in heat and the humidity, giving you pretty curls that stay in place all day! 

So there you have it, products to keep your skin looking fresh, your base looking perfect, your toiletry bag feeling light, your nails chip-free and your hair full of volume!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig