Tuesday 21 June 2016

Caving To My Wish List | Hourglass Exposure Palette

If you spotted the Hourglass Modernist Exposure palette in my June Favourites, you might be pleased to see that I’m back to give you the full low down on this beautiful palette. This is one of those times where you really want something, but you resist for months, before eventually caving. I held off buying this palette for a lot of reasons. First of all, it’s really quite pricey, it retails for £55 for a palette that is actually fairly small. Secondly, it gets some really mixed reviews, I happen to be a huge Hourglass fan and I couldn’t bare the idea of being disappointed by a really expensive product.




However the damage was eventually done, as Space NK had one of their special discount codes and I had some points to spend – so the £55 palette become a lot cheaper. Luckily, I’m not sat here kicking myself about wasting my money; instead I’m kicking myself that I did not go out and buy this palette sooner! The palette comes packaged in the usual, irresistible Hourglass packaging, it feels luxurious from the moment it arrives at your door. After the fast unboxing process, a pretty palette greets you and you lift the lid to reveal a large mirror, plus five beautiful eyeshadows.

The Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palettes come in seven different shade combinations. So no matter what your eyeshadow preferences are, you’re bound to find something you love. I opted for the shade ‘Exposure’, which of course houses five beautiful shades that all follow a purple hue theme. I’m aware that the shades all being in one pan divides the beauty fans of the world, but I’m personally in awe. I truly think it looks beautiful and the seamless colour transitions fill me with eyeshadow inspiration. 

Lets talk about the important stuff - the formulation! The eyeshadows are created using a multi-press compression technique, which creates that beautiful wave effect in the palette. The five eyeshadows in my palette are richly pigmented; they give some serious colour pay off, without fallout on your brush or skin. The shades vary in formulation, some are matte, some are pearlescent and some are shimmer, yet they all perform impeccably. You can use each of the shades on their own, or you can mix and create an array of eye looks.

You cannot deny that this palette is pricey, but I personally think it’s worth every penny. I know that I’m going to be adding some of the other shade combinations to my wish list ASAP! You can pick up the Hourglass Exposure Eyeshadow Palette from John Lewis for £55.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig