Monday 27 June 2016

Bargain Beauty at World Duty Free

My favourite part of traveling with work, is the shopping during the trip, which somehow seems acceptable. After going to lots of different airports, I can honestly say we are spoilt by World Duty Free here in the UK. I've been to some pretty big airports in other countries, where the shopping opportunities just don't compare. I always find that World Duty Free have a really good selection of products (all available at the fabulous tax-free prices) but also some gorgeous travel exclusives, which you can't get anywhere else. It was really hard to hide my excitement when this box of goodies arrived at my door, it was filled to the brim with some of World Duty Free's new and exciting products. Let's take a look inside and see if I can inspire your future shopping trips.


I always check out the L'Oreal stand at Heathrow T5, as they have an amazing selection of products. My favourite products are usually the little gift boxes that they put together, they offer great value for money, but also make good gifts too! The Festival Fun Gift Box* gives you everything you need to create a pretty festival look. The gift set comes in a sleek white box, which includes a picture of the look on one side and a picture of the contents on the other. Inside the box you get a really pretty pink pouch, which I'm going to be putting in my handbag! Inside the pouch you get the Mega Volume Miss Hippie Mascara, the Infallible Eyeliner in Black and the Infallible Mega Gloss in a pretty pink colour.




Fragrance has always been the 'popular' item to pick up in the airport, the notoriously expensive perfumes are eagerly snapped up at tax-free prices. Whilst I'm personally unlikely to pick up a full-sized bottle of perfume, I love the little sets of minis. I'm always drawn to the mini perfume sets by Marc Jacobs and Hugo Boss, but I've never considered Calvin Klein. The Calvin Klein Mini Set* features five perfumes, which are all individually boxed and packaged in replicas of their full sized bottles. It makes them perfect for travel, but also great for little gifts too!



Moving on to high end makeup, we have YSL. The airport is a great way to test and try lots of the latest beauty products, I love that you can see lots of different brands all in one place. Of course you can also get a significant saving on the normal retail price. The first YSL product I was sent to try is the Couture Palette* in the shade Lumieres Majorelle. It's definitely not the normal shade combinations I'd go for, but it features lots of blue hues which ooze summer. The packaging is absolutely stunning too, it feels luxurious before you even open the box. The second product is this stunning Night Escape Nail Polish* from the brand new Summer Couture Collection. The Night Escape polish is inspired by the night sky, with lots of sparkles, captured in a deep metallic blue. YSL say that the polish has a lasting formula protects nails from chipping and cracking. 

I think I've saved the most exciting product to last, the Lancome Juicy Shaker*! These new products from Lancome have had a lot of hype but it's well deserved. You simply shake the cute cocktail shaped bottle, to blend the bi phased formula and then dab the beautiful lip gloss on to your lips. They make your lips look plump, whilst nourishing the lips with sweet almond oil, omega 3 and cranberry oil. I have the shade Berry Tale, which is a gorgeous and natural link hue. It's a dream to apply and the colour is natural enough, even for a lipstick-hater like me!




So there you have it, some beautiful and exciting makeup products which are all available tax-free from World Duty Free, at all of the wonderful UK airports. If you've been on holiday recently, I'd love to hear about anything you bought in the airport. If you're going away soon, I'd love to hear about the shopping you have planned. Why not leave me a comment below? If you're planning a trip, you can actually shop before you travel! You simply select your favourite products on the World Duty Free website and pick them up at the airport
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig