Wednesday 8 June 2016

A Non-Drying Foaming Cleanser By La Roche-Posay

In years gone by, we were often advised to use a foaming cleanser on oily skin. In my teenage years I really struggled with oily, greasy skin, yet foaming cleansers destroyed my skin. They were always too strong and too drying, stripping my skin with the nutrients it desperately needed. As we know, skincare has moved leaps and bounds in the last ten years and this Purifying Foaming Gel from La Roche-Posay proves it.




I actually had the Purifying Foaming Gel in my stash for a while before I tried it. The horrors of the past, put me off from trying it for a while. I needed a travel-friendly cleanser to take on holiday with me, so it seemed like a good time to try it. The Purifying Foaming Gel is part of the of the Effaclar 3-Step Anti-Blemish System from La Roche-Posay, created for oily skin. It's designed to gently purify the skin, eliminating impurities and excess sebum. It's created with sensitive skin in mind, designed to soothe the skin and cleanse without irritation. The formulation includes La Roche-Posay's Thermal Spring Water, which has been proven to be a useful and active dermatological ingredient. The Thermal Spring Water is rich in anti-oxidants, whilst soothing and softening the skin.

I've simply been using the gel cleanser twice a day, sometimes with my hands and sometimes with my Magnitone Cleansing Brush. It's incredibly gentle, creating a gentle foam, which lifts dirt, grime and oil away from your skin. After cleansing my skin feels very clean and fresh, without feeling dry or stripped. I also bought a full-sized version of this for my sister-in-law, in her teenage years she's really struggling with oily, acne-prone skin. She'd been complaining about her skin feeling dry after cleansing, so I switched her to this and she's had no complaints so far.

The Purifying Foaming Gel retails for £11.50 for a 200ml tube, but you can pick it up on offer fairly regularly from Escentual here.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig