Wednesday 25 May 2016

Eyeshadows With A Spring Twist | Clinique Lid Pop

If you're a seasoned reader of Hope, Freedom, Love - you'll know that I'm a true fan of the Clinique Cheek Pops. In fact, I actually gave Berry Pop my 'Blusher Of The Year' award last year, I would not be able to live without it! So when Clinique announced that they'd be releasing their 'Lid Pop' collection, I knew I had to try one. When I looked at the shade collection, I noticed that they all swatched really beautifully. I wanted to get something that was a nude or neutral shade, so in the end I picked up Grape Pop. 




The Clinique Lid Pop collection launched in February this year as part of their Spring offering. There are seven shades in total, which range for nudes to bright blues, there really is a wide variety. They are a powder formulation, which is very silky and creamy to the touch. Clinique say that they "deliver an instant pop of colour for a virtually powderless look" and I have to agree. The colour gives a transformation to your eyes and they apply more like cream colours than powders. 

For me they are not as pigmented as I would like, you really have to build the colour up, so much so that I actually tend to use this on top of other shadows. I just don't have the time in the morning to layer this on for minutes. Nonetheless, this is a gorgeous product - it's rich and creamy and the colour is true to the one in the pan. They don't crease on my oily eyelids, but they do tend to fade rapidly after about 5 hours - so it's worth popping in your handbag if you're going for dinner after work!

I honestly think this is a lovely product, but it did not blow me away as much as I had hoped. As with most Clinique products they've been tested for all skin types, they are appropriate for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes. The Clinique Lid Pops retail for £15 and you can pick them up from Feel Unique (here).
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig