Monday 18 April 2016

A Peek At My Strobing Stash

Strobing first came into forefront of the beauty industry a year ago and it was quickly dubbed to be the 'natural contouring' method. Whereby you ditch the bronzer and make full use of your highlighter. It's all about embracing your dewy skin and creating shine and glitter all in the right places. It's also designed to be a much faster way to contour. Instead of faffing about with two products and a lot of blending, you're just using highlighter. Better yet, more is more! It’s been a year since my last Strobing Edit, so I thought it was time to update you on my latest strobing stash. 







Strobing With Liquid
To add the new strobing trend into your routine, start with a dewy base. The latest addition to my beauty stash is the Brightening CC Serum from By Terry*. This serum was created with strobing in mind and it’s all about introducing strobing to our skincare routine. Adding the strobing glow right at the start of our routine allows it to glow through from the base. I have the shade Rose Elixir that is perfect for rose tones, brightening the skin and hiding signs of fatigue. I've loved using this on the days when I feel a bit tired and need a little lift; the pearlescent finish comes in a formula that feels weightless and soft on the skin.

Now that the warmer weather is on it’s way, I’m also a huge fan of the ESPA Naturally Radiant Tinted Moisturiser, which I've spoken about plenty of times before. This product completely changed my opinion on tinted moisturisers (which used to be my arch enemy). You have to spend a while blending it into your skin, but afterwards it gives you a completely even skintone. It’s buildable, so you can keep adding extra coverage and then I just add a little concealer over blemishes. The best thing is that really leaves your skin GLOWING, it’s beautiful.

Strobing With Cream
The Polka Dots & Moonbeams highlighter from ILIA* combines organic ingredients with Rose Hip Oil (which is packed with healing properties), to create a beautiful highlighter. This highlighter has a really special place in my collection, as it’s very subtle. It just adds a sophisticated dimension to the skin, which makes you look younger.

This highlighter is different formula to all my other products; Topshop's Glow Highlighter comes a very cute glass jar and it's a cream/mousse formulation. What I love about this, is that it's very light and blendable and a little bit goes a long way. It's best to use your fingers and just dab it on all the areas you want the glow. It's a fab option if you're travelling as you don't have to take a brush.

When it comes to strobing, its not all about the base, eye-strobing is also really popular. By Terry have recently released two new shades of the Ombre Blackstar Eyeshadows* especially for Spring 2016. The new shades aim to bring the concept of eye-strobing to life, giving an interesting sparkle to the eye.  The new shades for Spring are both more nude, natural shades. Number 16 is called Nude Milky Way and it’s a stunning ivory cream shade, paired with an opalescent shimmer. Number 17 is called Bubble Glow, which is a lovely marbled pink.



Strobing With Powder
I gave the Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Riviera my Best Highlighter award in 2015 and my addiction is still going strong. There's no doubt that this product would win all the beauty contests, it's one of the prettiest items in my whole makeup collection. The formula of these is really quite special too, it's very finely milled but there's absolutely no fallout as I swish my brush round in the pan. The highlighter blends into skin effortlessly and it actually has no glitter in it, so you just get the most gorgeous glow! 

The Enlightenment shade from Josie Maran is a champagne hue, which aims to mimic natural light. It is infused with "multicolored luster pigments" which aim to capture and reflect light, which is very similar to the Hourglass range of products. The Enlightenment Illuminizing lineup is enriched with nourishing Argan Oil, which aims to hydrate the skin. The Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Veil is a traditional powder highlighter, which I use all over the skin wherever I need a little extra glow (on the bridge of my nose and in the corners of my eyes). 

Last but not least, we have the Ambient Lighting Blush in Ethereal Glow, which is guaranteed to make your heart flutter! These blushers from Hourglass are no stranger to the bloggersphere, as they’ve had some major hype. However, the hype and the lovely reviews are 100% justified! Hourglass combined the formula of the famous Ambient Lighting Powders with coloured hues to create 'soft focus' colour. On the cheek it gives you a lovely colour and a beautiful glow.

I’d love to know what you think of strobing; is a trend you’ve been trying or is one you give a miss?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig