Monday 7 March 2016

The NEW Gentle Exfoliating Toner from MERUMAYA

It's absolutely no secret that I'm a huge fan of MERUMAYA. I love their story, I love their products and I love their philosophy. So when I was offered the chance to try and review their latest product, I jumped at the chance. 

MERUMAYA's Gentle Exfoliating Toner is designed to be an acid toner, for even the most sensitive skin. Inside the toner, there is the maximum level of Natural Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), that you can put into a toner, which happens to be 15%. MERUMAYA have coupled this with ingredients that will hydrate and soften the skin, meaning you don't end up with irritated skin.





So as well as the Natural AHA’s Alpha Hydroxy Acids, MERUMAYA's Gentle Exfoliating Toner also contains Hyaluronic Acid. Which is well known in the beauty industry for it's moisturising properties. It can actually hold 1000 times it's weight in water, which means it's an incredible ingredient for oozing moisture into the skin. This means that your skin looks more plump and it helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

The other ingredient is Natural Betaine, which is something that is naturally found in the skin. So by including Natural Betaine in the toner, MERUMAYA is looking to enhance our natural stores. This also hydrates the skin (as it can hold 1.6 times its weight in water), but it also softens the surface of skin.

These three ingredients come together to create a toner which gives you the benefit of exfoliating, without leaving your skin feeling raw and damaged. For the last few weeks I've been applying this in the morning and the evening. I simply cleanse and then I get a cotton pad, load it with the product and sweep it across my face. After using the Gentle Exfoliating Toner I've noticed that my skin feels more plump, but it also looks brighter. The toner doesn't aggravate or upset my skin and my skin doesn't look red or sore. I've also been able to use this whilst I've been travelling. Normally after a long flight my skin is too delicate to use an acid product, but this sweeps away dead skin cells but also gives my skin the much needed moisture. 

It is safe to say that I've been impressed with this toner and I highly recommend it. I even love the packaging, it looks so sleek and pretty on my bedside table. Maleka from MERUMAYA says that it suits all skin types, so don't been afraid to give it a go! You can pick up the 
MERUMAYA's Gentle Exfoliating Toner from the MERUMAYA website for £17.50, which is for 128ml. 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig