Monday 29 February 2016

February Favourites | Currently Loving

I cannot believe that it is the last day of February, this is crazy. March marks the start of Spring and it's an exciting time in the beauty industry. It feels like forever ago that I sat down and wrote my last set of favourites, this year is rapidly flying by! Lets just crack on with these, there is no time like the present!



Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara by Marc Jacobs Beauty
I picked this mascara up on a whim when I was in Sephora in January and I instantly fell in love with it. The Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara is designed to give you epic lashes; it is very volumising and it gives you instant dimension. In just one quick coat you get thick lashes that almost look fake, the brush lets you reach every lash, springing them into action and giving maximum volume. 

As soon as I saw the Ombre Iridescent eyeshadows I knew I had to have one! There are four shades and I knew the purple one was the one I needed. The colours are brought to life with a shot of silver iridescence, so they have a really lovely shine. This has a cream-to powder formulation, which applies like a dream but also holds on your eyelids all day long. The colour is really pigmented, I load it on to my eyelids, I then take a MAC 217 and blend out the edges. What I love is that this honestly creates the most effortless smokey eye, without any hard edges and it only takes thirty seconds.

By Terry Ombre Blackstar Cream Eyeshadow in Misty Rock
When I haven't been wearing the Ombre Iridescent eyeshadows, 'Misty Rock' By Terry has been my eyeshadow of choice. This is a stunning 'everyday' shade, which isn't just a classic neutral colour.  Misty Rock is a gorgeous smokey mauve shade, which is buildable too. It looks beautiful underneath the Clarins eyeshadow but also gorgeous on it's own. It's been perfect whilst I've been traveling as it stays in place all day and looks good no matter what time it is!

A whole host of Real Techniques brushes recently joined my collection. Is there anything better than new brushes? I don't think so! Two of my favourites have to be the Multi Task Brush, which I actually already owned, but I love using it for blush, bronzer and powder. My other favourite is the Angled Highlighter Brush, which is a lovely shape and size for applying highlighter in lots of different areas.

This top coat is something completely different but I love it! It's a formula that is the ultimate product to stop your nails from chipping. You only need one quick coat to lock in your colour and keep your manicure looking good for days. I've been impressed by the lasting power this has and it smells like coconut! The formula dries glossy, but I'd definitely prefer it to be a bit more dramatic - so I put a coat of Seche Vite on the top.

What were your favourite products in February? Have you tried any of these? I'd love to know your thoughts!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig