Sunday 21 February 2016

A Mini Sephora Haul

I always tell myself that if I'm being forced half way round the world on business, the least I can do is pop into Sephora and treat myself to some new goodies. The problem is that I travel the USA quite a lot, so I dangerously close to entering into 'VIB' territory last year. Whilst I do see that as a bit of an achievement, being reminded that you've spent nearly $350 on makeup, in just one of the many shops I use, is a bit of worry. All that being said, I was in Las Vegas and the Sephora stores there are pretty swish. I wanted to pick up my Birthday gift and spend some of my points - so I figured I could spare $35 on a few goodies. 



Although I was there on January 5th, I was a bit late for the bulk of the Christmas Sales, but there were a few things lingering on the shelves. So the first thing that I popped into my basket was the 'All Access Glam Palette' by Sephora. Inside this gorgeous box there is eight eyeshadows, four blushers and a highlighter powder. I actually picked up a Sephora palette last year and I was really impressed with the quality, so I thought I'd give this one a go. It seems like it will be a good travel companion and I'm pretty sure it only cost me $7, which is a bargain!

I was full of good intentions of having a bit of a pamper evening whilst I was away. So the next thing I picked up where these Sephora Sleeping Masks, in two different formulas. The first one I picked up was Pomegranate, which is for Anti-fatigue & Energizing. The second one was the Rose variation, which is for Moisturising and Brightening. The masks are a rich cream-gel texture and they are designed to be used whilst you sleep. They all have different active ingredients which penetrate the skin overnight. They are only $4 each, so I figured the would be fun to try.

The last thing I bought was the Makeup Eraser, which has had some crazy reviews recently, so as soon as I saw it, it went straight in my basket. The Makeup Eraser is a reusable makeup removing cloth which takes off your makeup with only warm water. So you don't need to use a cleanser, or a pre-cleanser, just the cloth and some water. They say that it removes waterproof makeup (and mascara) with ease! I cannot wait to give this a go!

For my Birthday gift I opted for the Soy Skincare Set from Fresh, it has a mini bottle of the Soy Cleanser and a mini tub of the Soy Face Mask. I then also opted to spend some of my Sephora points, so I picked up the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara and the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer, each for 100 points each. 

When you consider that I only spent £25 here, I'm pretty impressed with my basket full of goodies. I'd love to know what you think of my purchases and I'd love to hear your recommendations for my next trip...
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig