Friday 8 January 2016

The Gwen Stefani For Urban Decay

When I found the Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette under the Christmas Tree, it's pretty safe to say I was very please with Father Christmas. It took me a while to get utterly obsessed with this palette, but once I caught the bug, the need to have it was unstoppable. 



I really love the story surrounding this palette, we're told that Wende Zomnir (cofounder of Urban Decay) and the product team spent hours at Gwen Stefani’s house, handpicking the shades. I really love that Gwen played a big part in making the palette, choosing with detail from the colours inside the palette to the packaging it comes in. 

If I think back to when I was younger, in her heyday, Gwen Stefani was a big lover of colour. She experimented with colour and she was not afraid to do something a bit different. So in all honesty, I expected this palette to be way outside my comfort zone! So I was pleasantly surprised that this palette is something I could use and love, every single day of the year. It arrives in the most gorgeous white box, covered in gold detailing, it certainly catches your eye way before you think about the contents inside. The palette itself is unlike anything I've ever seen before, I love the gold details and the circles on the top just sing to me. Which is very strange, as I'm a bit of a palette snob - normally if it's not matt black, I tend to be uninterested! 

Lets move back to the important part - the eyeshadows! Inside the palette there are a whopping 15 colours, 12 are brand new to this palette and three are from the existing Urban Decay collection. The shades are a neutral girls dream, featuring everything from pale nudes and pinks, to soft plums and taupes. Of course, you simply cannot miss the brighter pink and the deep royal blue - perfect for when you're feeling a bit more adventurous. If you're wondering, the names for the eyeshadows were also handpicked by Gwen, offering throwbacks to her favourite songs. 

The eyeshadows have the quality, blend-ability and staying power that we've come to expect and love from Urban Decay. They are pigmented, they are super easy to work with and they each offer something new to my collection. If you haven't guessed already, I'm a huge fan of this palette and I'm really happy to have it inside my makeup stash. It's not too late to get your hands on it either! It retails for £40 and you can pick it up from Selfridges, Feel Unique (here) and Debenhams.





Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig