Friday 15 January 2016

Inside My Sample Drawer: They're Real Tinted Primer

The latest series on Hope, Freedom, Love is ‘Inside My Sample Drawer’. It’s dedicated to providing mini reviews on the samples that have been clogging up my makeup stash. So once a week, I'll be sharing a cute miniature fresh from my sample drawer and sharing my first impressions of the product. Today I'm talking about this teeny tiny sample of Benefit's They're Real Tinted Primer



Not many Benefit products have me truly weak at the knees, but the They're Real mascara has always been hot property in my makeup collection. I'm not one for high end mascara as I feel like the high street is incredible, but It's always the product I've bought for those special occasions and used as sparingly as I can. 

So when Benefit released the They're Real Tinted Primer, I knew I had to try it! The They're Real Tinted Primer is a brown lash primer, which is designed to wear underneath your traditional mascara, adding that little extra oomph. You apply the primer just like you would a traditional mascara; just wiggle your wand from the base of your eyelashes up to the tip. When you first apply this, you can definitely see the influence that the They're Real mascara has had on the formula. It adds curl, definition and volume to your bare lashes and it leaves a great base for your mascara. In fact, if you like a more natural look to your lashes, you could definitely wear a couple of coats of this, without any mascara on top! 

Unlike some other primers on the market that I've reviewed in the past, I found that the They're Real Tinted Primer didn't get too crispy after you've applied it. So you have plenty of time to apply your mascara and you do not have to make a mad dash for your mascara drawer. Which is definitely a winner in my eyes! I've tried this primer both with They're Real and my cheaper high street mascaras and I can truly say it works equally as well with both. 

I've seen a few reviews that have been unimpressed by Benefit's They're Real Tinted Primer, but I'm truly a huge fan! I might actually have to rush and pick up the full size! 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig