Wednesday 23 December 2015

The Cult Setting Powder From Hourglass

Despite caving to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushers, I've managed to avoid trying the Ambient Lighting Powders until now. I was stood in Sephora, with 'The Ambient Lighting Edit' from Hourglass in my hand, battling my inner demons, convincing myself that I did not need it. As I put it back on the shelf, I noticed this super cute, miniature version of 'Dim Light'. I rejoiced, because $22 was much more attractive than the $80 alternative.

The Ambient Lighting Powders took the beauty world by storm when they launched. They were marked as the 'groundbreaking beautifier', taking finishing powders to a whole other level. The Ambient Lighting Powder aims to diffuse and soften any harsh glares, to ensure that you get flattering light on your face, whatever the location. What is weird about these powders, is that you can't really see anything when you apply them. It's only when you catch a reflection of yourself in the bathroom or a mirror, that you really see them spring to life. 

The Ambient Lighting Powders come packaged in the classic Hourglass packaging. The compact, is a reflective bronze shade with the simple Hourglass logo in the bottom corner. The compact is sturdy and reliable, so you do not have to worry about traveling with these. Inside the compact you reveal the product and a handy mirror, which makes on-the-go application simple.

I expected that the powder would have a lot of fallout, but this really is not the case. You can swish your brush around as much as you like, without making a mess. I use the Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light, all over my face as the last step in my makeup routine, replacing my normal setting powder. I did worry that I would lose the staying power from my makeup that the Dermablend Setting Powder provides, but the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder definitely picked up the slack.

When I use the Ambient Lighting Powder, I notice that my complexion looks more radiant. It just adds a beautiful glow to my complexion, which is just what I need in these colder months when my skin needs a little lift. The Ambient Lighting Powders are definitely pricey, but this miniature is a great way to try the range. The product is free from parabens, talc, fragrance, nano-particles and gluten. You can pick up the miniature Dim Light Ambient Lighting Powder from Liberty, who have the exclusive, for £22 here
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig