Sunday 15 November 2015

Rediscovering Old Favourites...

I love rediscovering old favourites in my beauty stash! It’s a great way to make the most out of your collection and it often stops me from doing a bit of shopping. Here are some bits that have recently rejoined me at my dressing table…



Urban Decay Naked Palette
I’m a total shimmer eyeshadow fan, so when this palette initially came out I was not interested. However, this palette completely changed my opinion on matte eyeshadows. The palette isn’t actually completely matte, there is a shimmer shade too, which is fantastic for curbing my craving for shimmer shadows. The dark colours are pigmented enough to make a lovely contour in the socket, but they remain easy enough to blend and use. I could bang on for hours about this one palette, but I won't, just know it's super for travelling and can create an easy 'everyday' eye with zero effort!

Benefit Fake Up Concealer
I bought the Benefit Fakeup Concealer as soon as it launched and I was pretty damn excited about it. It’s actually a hydrating concealer for dark circles. It comes in this super cute packaging (although a pain to photograph) it’s a silver tube, which you twist up to reveal the product. The concealer is in the middle of the stick, with a ring of hydrating balm around the edge to hydrate and prevent creasing. For me it’s just lacking a little more pigmentation, it definitely improves the look of my circles, but they certainly don't disappear. 

I mentioned in my August Favourites that I’d be craving blushers with a touch more pigmentation. This is one that I grabbed out from my drawers and started using. This is actually a bit sentimental for me as it was the first ever MAC product I purchased and I still love it now. These MAC blushers are so pigmented; you really don't need much for a natural glow! I really love this little blush, it's the perfect pink colour for skin tones like mine! 

Garnier Ultimate Blends Sleek Perfector Oil
Every now and then I like to use some oil in my hair after washing and I’d completely forgotten about this Garnier product. It smells like coconuts and it infuses your hair with shine and moisture. A little of this goes a long way, I've used this a lot and I've hardly made a dent in the bottle. It also gives you heat protection of over 200 degrees, which is good if you put a lot of heat on your locks.

Have you tried any of these products? What are the products that you constantly go back to?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig