Friday 6 November 2015

Inside My Sample Drawer: Air Patrol

The latest series on Hope, Freedom, Love is ‘Inside My Sample Drawer’. It’s dedicated to providing mini reviews on the samples that have been clogging up my makeup stash. So once a week, I'll be sharing a cute miniature fresh from my sample drawer and sharing my first impressions of the product. Today I'm talking about this teeny tiny tube of Benefit Air Patrol.






Benefit's Air Patrol is one of the newer products from the brand. It's officially a ' BB cream eyelid primer' and my little sample came in a mini squeezy tube. Air Patrol is a primer which comes packed with SPF20, to protect your eyelids from the sun. It also contains Benefit's EnviroDefend Complex which helps guard your eyes from
 smoke and pollutants. It aims to extend the wear of your eyeshadow, so you get long lasting colour without the standard creasing or fading. I'm actually someone who has quite greasy eyelids, so more often than not, my eyeshadow disappears before I even make it to work!

As you squeeze out Air Patrol from the tube, you quickly see that it's got a beige colour to it and it's in a liquid form. This is quite rare for an eyeshadow primer, as normally they are cream based and they are quite thick. This is very a similar to your tradition BB formulation. As you apply it to your eyelids, it feels really soothing and it's actually quite cooling on your eyelids. It blends into your eyelids with ease and it gives you a hint of colour, which is great for evening out your skintone before you apply your shadow.

It's really easy to apply your eyeshadow on top of this too, the primer doesn't create a difficult base to work on. Instead, you can glide your eyeshadow effortlessly over the top. Normally I find that some eyeshadows can cling to certain parts of my eyelids, but with this as a base, they blend effortlessly over the top. 

I'm really impressed with this, I love that it feels cooling on the skin, it's exactly what I need on these winter mornings. I also love that it makes applying my eyeshadow more simple. I love that you have the option both to wear it on it's own to even out the skintone, or to use it as a base. It's well worth picking up a sample of this if you have the chance, it's a winner in my eyes.

Benefit's Air Patrol retails for £21.50 here
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig