Thursday 12 November 2015

Brand Focus: Rimmel London

I’m back with a new brand focus! Today it’s all about another beautiful high street brand – Rimmel London! Here are some miniature reviews of all my favourite products.



Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation 
This is something a little different for your foundation collection, as this is a mousse. This foundation aims to give you matte flawless finish, with a feather light texture. The formula of this is fairly thick, I don't think that you can quite describe it as 'lightweight' but it’s definitely not cakey. This is most definitely a full coverage foundation and the formula covers a whole multitude of sins (it covers both dark circles and redness on me). This is definitely one if you have oily skin, with dry skin I think that this foundation would cling to your dry patches.

60 Second Nail Polishes
The formula of these polishes from Rimmel is beautiful, most importantly they have the fabulous Rimmel flat brush, which makes the application dreamy. They dry quickly and they are opaque in one coat! Pictured are some polishes from the Colourfest Collection, but I’m a big fan of all the 60 Second polishes. My favourites are 'Rain Rain Go Away' and 'Go Wild-er-ness'. All-in-all for £2.99, these polishes are gorgeous! 

Oh My Gloss! 
These lipglosses were released earlier this year and they quickly jumped to the top of my ‘to try’ list. What’s special about these lip glosses from Rimmel London, is that they contain Argan Oil (and Vitamin E). This is a big trend in the high end market, so I was really excited to see it on the high street.  When swatched, they have an incredible high shine finish. The colour is fairly sheer but it adds a nice wash of colour to your lips. The formula is very lightweight and really lovely to wear. For me the lipglosses feel slightly tacky, but certainly not sticky. 

Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara
If you look for length from your mascara, I highly recommend this product. This mascara has thin little brush, the formula is packed with little fibres which extend the length of your natural lashes. Rimmel say that this mascara can extend your "lashes by up to 99%" and I'm inclined to agree. The length you get from this is phenomenal and each lash is perfectly defined. 

Good To Glow Liquid Highlighter
The Good To Glow highlighters come in three shades and are a liquid-to-cream formula.  It’s not a true liquid formula (like Benefit’s High Beam) but it’s not a true cream either (like Topshop’s Glow) it’s somewhere in the middle. The best thing about these is that they are multi purpose and I have two favourite ways to use them. You can use them traditionally by dabbing them onto your cheekbones, or you can mix them with your foundation. 

Lasting Finish Foundation
The Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation is another full coverage foundation, but this time it’s a traditional liquid format. When you pump it out, the foundation is quite thick, but when it's on the skin it's really hydrating and lightweight. It's not sticky or tacky, but it gives a flawless skin-like finish. It gives a really good coverage to the skin, it covers my acne scares and brightens my dark circles too! As with all Rimmel foundations, I use the shade 'ivory' and it's the perfect match for my skin! 

Brow This Way
Rimmel's Brow This Way, comes in four shades, blonde, medium brown, dark brown and clear. I use medium brown and it’s a great match for my brunette brows. The brush on this is quite large but it is really easy to use. I just sweep it through my brows and it doesn’t create any mess! The formula is very lightweight, it's not sticky and it's not clumpy. It doesn't make your brows feel hard or crispy either, which is always a winner with me! 

Rimmel Apocalips
This is Rimmel’s answer to a lip lacquer; the colour of a lipstick in a handy lip gloss formula.  I’m not a lipstick fan in the slightest, but the formula of these is really nice. They are not sticky or wet, they just apply and dry like you're wearing a moisturising lipstick which I love.

Lasting Finish Concealer 
This doesn't come in the nicest packaging, but do not be put off as this is a blessing in disguise. The concealer is a very thick formula, so I find you need to warm it up a little, which makes it very lightweight and is easier to blend. The concealer is really high coverage, I've never seen anything quite like it on the high street. It covers blemishes and marks with ease! Such a bargain when you consider it’s only £5.49. 

I’d love to know what you think about Rimmel products! Do you have lots of favourites like me?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig