Monday 26 October 2015

The NEW Mud Marvels Mask from Merumaya

Merumaya have had such a successful year! It's been fantastic to watch them grow both in the bloggersphere and the wider beauty community. Merumaya is a British brand, launched by Maleka in the Spring of 2010, fulfilling her dream to bring "Merumaya Integrative Effective Skincare" to live. Merumaya followed Maleka's 27 years of experience and it snowballed into international success.




So when I was invited to try out the brand NEW Mud Marvels Mask* from Merumaya, my response was a very rapid 'YES PLEASE'. The new Mud Marvels Mask, is powered by charcoal, which is rapidly becoming an ingredient that is popular in face masks. The mask aims to be deeply cleansing, whist being charged with oxygen for absorbency. It aims to "extract toxins, deeply cleanse and unblock pores". If charcoal was not enough for you, it's also packed with volcanic ash which also draws out imperfections for a smooth and bright finish. It even contains "nourishing oat oil, sweet almond oil, vitamin E and cocoa butter" to encourage hydration and softness. Sounds perfect right?

I've seen a few people complain about the 'branding' Merumaya, but I actually think it's nice and simple. The face mask comes packaged in a box, which definitely gives it more of a premium feel. Inside the box, the mask comes in a handy tube, in the classic Merumaya packaging. The mask is quite thick, so it takes a bit of oomph to squeeze it out onto your hands. The texture and formulation feels like a classic mud mask, it's thick, it's cooling and it feels really lovely on the skin. 

I applied the Mud Marvels Mask in the traditional way, smoothing an even layer all over my face and neck, avoiding my eyes and lips. It immediately feels relaxing and cooling on the skin, just what you need after a long day at work. The mask did not tingle, sting or aggravate my skin. As the mask dried it didn't even get that standard "tight and crispy" feeling, I actually almost forgot I was wearing it - that's how comfortable it was! 

I left it on the skin for 15 minutes and then Merumaya advise you to remove it with a muslin cloth. It was really easy to remove too, there's nothing worse than pulling at your face after a face mask. It's not good for protecting your skin from aging and it kind of ruins the how relaxation for me! After removing Mud Marvels Mask my skin immediately looked smoother and brighter. Which is pretty tough going when you've already been awake for 14 hours! My skin felt really soft and hydrated too, it seemed to treat my skin imperfections, without sucking all the hydration and oils out of my skin. 

It's safe to say that I was really impressed with this mask! I honestly think it's well worth the £19.50 price tag (here) and I'll definitely be repurchasing when this tube runs out!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig