Monday 5 October 2015

Makeup by Fleur de Force

I promised in a recent ‘Thursday Tittle-Tattle’ post that I would not be able to resist picking up some items from Fleur’s new makeup line and here I am! I have a real love for Fleur - she's a Youtuber that I've followed for a long time, all the content she produces really strikes a chord with me. So I find myself reading and watching everything she produces. She announced recently that she has made her very own makeup line, so naturally I had to pick up some things to try. The collection consists of a range of items; there are two eyeshadow quads, six lipglosses and a makeup bag, which all retail at Feel Unique. I could have easily gone a bit mad over this range, but I tried my best to keep things simple.





Fleur says that she’s never found the perfect eyeshadow quad. Therefore she really wanted to create something that gave you the perfect look all in one palette. As I mentioned, the Eyeshadow Quads come in two shades; Cosmic Bronze (a brown-nude themed palette) and Lunar Rose (a rose and lilac themed palette). I was really quite tempted to pick up both, but in the end I opted for Lunar Rose to match my green eyes. What I loved about the Lunar Rose palette, is that all the colours perfectly compliment my eye colour, so it really is the perfect quad. The palette comes in a black compact, which has a clear lid to show off the colours inside. There's also a little tiny brush included, just incase you want to apply the eyeshadows on-the-go.

Inside the palette there are four shades, which you can use on their own, or build up for a full eye look. Colour wise, there's a dusty baby pink, a lovely rose gold, a shimmer rose and finally a mauve shade that has a hint of shimmer. The shades are true to the colour you see in the in the pan and they have just the right amount of pigment. For example, the mauve shade isn't so pigmented that it makes it difficult to use, it's just great for washing over the lid and walking out the door. The eyeshadows last really well on my skin, they actually happen to last all day, which makes them a winner for me! There is a TINY bit of fallout from these, especially on the matte shades, which just requires brushing away with your concealer brush after application.

The eyeshadow quads retail for £8.99 each, which I actually think is pretty reasonable. It's very close to standard high street prices and you're getting a palette that has clearly had a lot of thought put into it. It's literally the perfect palette for me and will definitely be coming in my makeup bag when I travel. The quads are formulated without parabens, but it's worth mentioning that the quads do contain Talc. Talc personally does not bother me, but I know it will be important for some people out there!

The other thing I picked up from the range, was from the lipgloss line. The lipgloss range comes packed in clear tubes, which let the true colour of each lipgloss shine through. You apply the lipgloss from a doe foot applicator, which is pretty standard in the lipgloss world. There's really something for everyone, from neutrals, to brights to deep vampy shades. Each lipgloss has a really sweet name, each are named with the stars in mind. Being a bit of a colour fiend, I opted for the gorgeous 'my lips but better shade'; Written In The Stars.

The pigmentation of Written In The Stars is fantastic, which I think can be quite rare for some of the more natural shades. In terms of formulation, they remind me of the Laura Mercier lipgloss range. They have a slight stickiness when you apply them, which disappears on the lips, but it gives you that little bit of staying power. I have to mention that they smell incredible - they have a really lovely vanilla scent! Each lipgloss retails for £6.99, which again I think is pretty reasonable, I can see that some ladies will definitely be picking up every shade.

I'd love to know what you think of Fleur's makeup line, does it catch your attention? Have you tried anything? You can shop the whole collection exclusively with Feel Unique here.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig