Friday 16 October 2015

From My Sample Drawer: Versace Absolu

The latest series on Hope, Freedom, Love is ‘From My Sample Drawer’. It’s dedicated to providing mini reviews on the samples that have been clogging up my makeup stash. So once a week, I'll be sharing a cute miniature fresh from my sample drawer and sharing my first impressions of the product. Today's product is this UBER CUTE miniature Versace perfume.





I’ve never tried a Versace perfume, so getting this miniature was quite exciting. This miniature is actually a replica of the full sized bottle, so it looks super cute sitting on the side. Officially this is the ‘Versace Bright Crystal Absolu Eau de Parfum’, which is a fruity floral fragrance. Fruity floral fragrances are right at home in my collection, as they make up the most of my stash! 

The Versace Bright Crystal Absolu Eau de Parfum is based on the iconic Bright Crystal fragrance, which seems to split perfume fans (some like it and some hate it). However, those who loved it were dying for a stronger version and the Versace brand were happy to oblige. So they took the original fragrance and ‘pushed it to the extreme’. It has an enhanced concentration which means that it lingers on the skin for longer.  The notes of Bright Crystal Absolu include Yuzu, Pomegranate, Raspberry, Magnolia and Peony. It's a delicious sweet scent, the fruity floral scent hits you when you first spray it and then it beds down to reveal its Musk and Amber notes.

Due to the concentrated formula, for me this is a perfect scent for night time or for autumn, I personally find it a bit too heavy for summer. Prices for the Bright Crystal Absolu Eau de Parfum start at £42 for 30ml, so it’s pretty pricey, but it’s to be expected from a brand like Versace. You can pick it up from Escentual here. 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig