Tuesday 1 September 2015

Notes From My Holiday: Boston

For today’s lifestyle post, I’m returning to my ‘Notes From My Holiday’ series. In June and July I spent three weeks in America (and Canada) hitting up some of the more touristy and famous destinations. The next place on my list to tell you about is Boston! 




Boston was the one place that I really knew nothing about! However, evidentially, it’s a place that is full of political history. It’s one of the oldest cities in the United States and it was home to several key events of the American Revolution. Boston actually has a ‘Freedom Trail’, which is a line of red bricks that runs through the city. It’s a pre made two-mile walk through Boston, which takes you past all the key parts of the story. Now, I’m not about to give you a history lesson; but a lot of it is really interesting, so if it’s your thing it’s well worth checking out. My favourite part was probably either the Bunker Hill Monument or the boat trip which took us back to the mainland from the pier. 








The first thing on our list in Boston was Whale watching. I have to be honest that it was something I had no interest in at all, in fact, Chris and I considered staying in the hotel. I’ve never been so glad to be dragged out the hotel in 35 degree heat, as it was by FAR one of my favourite parts of the holiday. You basically get on a huge boat, sail out of Boston for about 90 minutes to reach the eating-place of the whales. Before you know it, there are whales jumping out of the water and you’re completely stuck for words! I honestly did not expect to find it so exciting! Our guides were amazing, they are all studying the whales with the aquarium so they had tons of facts to offer. We managed to get some incredible photographs too, which our family and friends have enjoyed viewing. We also got an incredible view of Boston from the sea, which I loved!








The second key thing on our list was visiting a baseball game at Fenway Park. We managed to get tickets to see the Boston Red Soxs on the Fourth of July and it was absolutely incredible. We’d never watched a baseball game in our lives, so we took a quick look at the rules but other than that we had no idea what to expect. The atmosphere inside the stadium was electric and the whole thing was a show from start to finish. I actually tweeted the Boston Red Sox before we went and they brought me a little bag of goodies, which was a lovely touch. If you get the chance to go to a baseball game at some point – DO IT! You won’t regret it!






Have you visited Boston? I’d love to hear about what you did and what you enjoyed! 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig