Wednesday 23 September 2015

My First Makeup Revolution Review - Peach Lights

Makeup Revolution has been making noise in the beauty industry for a while now, but it's taken me a long time to join in with the hype. If I'm honest, there was so much noise that it left me feeling a bit confused. There are SO many products and I literally had no idea where to start! So instead of diving into the products, I waited it out until I decided what I actually wanted to try.


Fast forward a few months and I'm taking delivery of a little Superdrug order. Included in the box is the Makeup Revolution Highlighter in Peach LightsI can NEVER resist a highlighter, they are practically my biggest weakness (well after eyeshadow palettes). I've eyed up this highlighter on several occasions, both on Instagram and in blog reviews. It's utterly gorgeous to look at and I've spent many a minute swooning over it.

When it arrived I was actually surprised at how big it was, for some reason I imagined it to be much smaller, so I was that was a nice surprise. It comes packaged in a round black compact, which has a clear lid, letting the product shine through the top. It doesn't feel like a high end product but it certainly doesn't feel cheap either, which also shocked me! It's a baked formula which is fairly traditional for highlighters, but it basically has NO fallout, which is really impressive for a cheap product. 

I've now played with this product quite a lot and what I particularly love about this highlighter is that it's not overly glittery. When I opened it, I did a little swatch and I expected it to be like a mirrorball. However it's just a really nice subtle glow on the skin, it really gives you that 'glowing from within' look. I take it on my Real Techniques Contour Brush and sweep it over my cheekbones. I also like to take some on an eyeshadow brush to wear under my brow bone, it's a really natural look. A little goes a long way too, so I have no idea how I'm ever going to finish this huge compact!

When you consider the Peach Lights Highlighter retails for £3, you really can't go wrong! It's so pretty and it's a great addition to anyone's makeup bag. Pick it up from Superdrug or the Makeup Revolution website. 



Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig