Friday 18 September 2015

Inside My Sample Drawer: bareSkin Foundation

The latest series on Hope, Freedom, Love is ‘Inside My Sample Drawer’. It’s dedicated to providing mini reviews on the samples that have been clogging up my makeup stash. So once a week, I'll be sharing a cute miniature fresh from my sample drawer and sharing my first impressions of the product. Today I'm talking about the innovative bareSkin foundation from bareMinerals




I originally got this little sample from a Sephora order and I honestly cannot believe how LONG this has sat in my drawer unloved. I was actually put off from trying it as it seemed to get some pretty love/hate reviews, so I was worried about trying it for work. 

The bareSkin foundation was launched last year and it was something the market had never seen before. It's a liquid, serum foundation which contains NO water at all! Still it has this ultra thin, silky texture which transforms your complexion. The foundation actually comes in a whopping 20 shades and it contains a non-chemical SPF 20. You literally just shake the bottle, put two drops onto a foundation brush and buff the product into the skin. It was actually released with a special foundation brush, but I just used my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Once you've buffed it into the skin (which barely takes any time at all) it truly is undetectable and literally feels just like skin. It completely evens out your skintone and it makes your skin look flawless - all in just two drops! 

I was literally blown away! So blown away that I had to keep testing it, as I just did not believe the results I was seeing. You can just keep layering up the coverage, so if you feel two drops is not enough, you just add another couple of drops to a brush and apply it again. The layers seamlessly seem to bind together so if you want to, you can keep building it to be a full coverage foundation. 

I'm so glad that I finally just dug this out of my drawers and gave it a whirl because this stuff is fabulous! I'm not sure how long this little miniature will last me, but I'm definitely going to look into buying a full sized bottle. It's pretty pricey, but I happen to think it's worth the pennies! You can pick up the bareSkin foundation for £26 from Escentual here. They actually have a little kit which has the brush, a 45-day foundation sample and their Perfecting Viel - all for £29 here, which I'm equally tempted by
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig