Friday 4 September 2015

From My Sample Drawer: Stay Don't Stray

The latest series on Hope, Freedom, Love is ‘From My Sample Drawer’. It’s dedicated to providing mini reviews on the samples that have been clogging up my makeup stash. So once a week, I'll be sharing a cute miniature fresh from my sample drawer and sharing my first impressions of the product. Today I'm talking about Benefit’s Stay Don’t Stray.


What is amazing about Stay Don’t Stray is that it’s actually a dual-action product. It’s a primer that actually works both with concealers and your eyeshadow. Which means you can use it on your eyelids and under the eye. The product comes in a little tube and it has a doe foot applicator. Benefit describe the applicator as their “dip & dab wand” which is exactly what you do with the product.

For concealer, I apply my foundation first and then I dab three dots under my eyes. I blend the primer into my skin with my favourite concealer brush. I then apply my concealer over the top and blend it in. The primer actually adds a bit of coverage, which is helpful on days when I’m particularly tired. For eyeshadow, I dab three dots onto my eyelids and I then take my finger and blend the primer into the skin. I then apply my eyeshadow straight away, the colours are much more vibrant on the lids. Which happens to be a bit of a surprise the first time you the primer which the eyeshadows you use all the time. I have quite oily eyelids, but the primer keeps the eyeshadow in place all day without it creasing.

The full sized product comes in two different shades; light/medium & medium/deep. They are both neutral shades, which means you can actually wear it on it’s own to fix uneven skintone if you don’t have time for eyeshadow. It also includes Vitamin C and Vitamin E to help fight ageing.  
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig