Monday 7 September 2015

Eyeshadow Pencils For Every Budget

I love a good eyeshadow pencil! I just love the simplicity of swiping the colour onto your lid and walking out the door. They are good for travelling, they are good for your handbag and the right colour can even be multipurpose. Today I’m sharing my top picks for every budget.



These pencils from Bourjois had a whole heap of coverage on their release and the hype is completely justified. I have two shades Beige Minimal (a basic beige shade) and Brun Dadaiste (a rich chocolate brown). The formula of these is really soft and I’m really impressed with the staying power. They blend really well and they are fantastic value for money! 

£8 - No7 Stay Perfect Shape and Define
When I picked up the shade ‘Glistening Ray’ it was on a complete whim with my No7 Boots vouchers! It’s a multipurpose product, as the pencil can be used as a eyeliner and eyeshadow! You simply pop it on to your eyelids, blend it out and it sets. It's a very glittery shade which looks good layered with other products.

This was the first Laura Mercier product that I ever tried and it was a great place to start! These are stunning cream eyeshadows; it glides onto your eyelid with ease. What I like most about this one is that applicator is a good size. It's not too small and fiddly that you need to spend all day applying it, but it's also not too big that you end up getting product everywhere. It’s also a pencil that you can just blend out with your fingers. So great product for travelling as you don't need any extra tools or brushes! 

I received the shade Gilt in my Look Fantastic Beauty box and it’s a lovely natural shade which has a metallic edge. The pencil comes with bold claims; to highlight, colour, line and primer your eyes to ensure they are in tip-top condition all day. This particular pencil is super soft and blendable, it doesn't drag or scratch along your eyelid. It stays in place all day, even on my oily eyelids, which is great as it means I don't have to worry about it. If I’m honest, I think this particular pencil is a bit overpriced, there are comparable products on the market for a quarter of the price

When I bought this By Terry pencil, I knew it was going to be good. However, I completely underestimated how quickly I’d fall in love with the stunning purple shade 'Velvet Orchid'. I have green eyes so these purple tones suit my skin the best and I’ve been wearing it non-stop. The Ombre Blackstar Cream Eyeshadows come packaged beautifully and the colour is so pigmented, you literally need the tiniest bit to give a wash of colour. It's buildable too, which means you can go for a full smokey eye, if the mood takes you. You have a couple of minutes to play around and then the formula sets and stays put all day.

I suppose the obvious question is 'which is my favourite' and if i'm honest it's pretty simple. The one that wows me the most from the packaging, to the application and the wear time is the By Terry option. However, you really can't go wrong with any of these options, they've all earned their place in my collection! I'd love to know which of these eyeshadows you've tried and which is your favourite?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig