Wednesday 5 August 2015

Pink Buttercream by Laura Geller

This blusher compact from Laura Geller has been in my collection for longer than I can remember. I've actually never blogged about it because Laura Geller is very difficult to get hold of in the UK. However, last week, one of my favourite online stores (Escentual) announced that they've launched Laura Geller online. So naturally, I found myself searching through my makeup drawers to bring this to your attention.



This is officially 'Blush 'n' Brighten' from Laura Geller and it's in the shade Pink Buttercream. The Blush 'n' Brighten products are technically blushers that are full of glow, to really awaken your complexion.  Like many other Laura Geller products, Pink Buttercream, is a baked formula. It starts its life as a cream product and it gets baked on a terrocotta tile. The baking process creates a texture which is very soft and very finely milled.

You can see it really is a thing of beauty! I can never resist baked products, I love the marbled effect and they look so pretty in the pan. Pink Buttercream reminds me a lot of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushers. The texture is very similar, but this is more pigmented. In fact, it's much more pigmented! You need to use this with a light hand, as you can quickly start to look like a glowing strawberry milkshake. What I do is take my contour brush and use the brush to add it like a highlighter to my cheekbones. You can also use it down the center of your nose and under your brow bone.

The blusher is bigger than the average blusher but the packaging is really sturdy! So it would definitely be well protected if you want to chuck it into your handbag. Inside the lid there's a half mirror and the other side half is clear, which lets the product show through the top. These blushers are really pretty and I really recommend giving them a try. I can talk about them guilt free, now that they are finally available to pick up from Escentual! Have you tried any Laura Geller products? I'd love to hear your recommendations! 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig