Saturday 1 August 2015

July Favourites

July has been a bit of a whirlwind! I spent half of it in America, in Niagara Falls, Boston and New York. For the other half I've been experiencing an extreme bump back to reality. Nevertheless, July is now over and we've hotfooted straight into August with my July favourites. Most of my favourites are fresh from my holiday, some products really blew me away! 







L'Oreal Mattifying Infallible Foundation
On Wednesday I shared a whole blog post on my makeup routine whilst I was on holiday. The star of the show was this foundation from L'Oreal, where other foundations let me down, this foundation just kept on giving. I've honestly never experienced anything like it! It was 39 degrees whilst we were in Washington, my whole body was a hot mess (including my face) and my makeup did not move. My makeup stayed perfect the whole day, without my makeup melting off my face, leaving me selfie ready at every given moment!

By Terry Ombre Black Star
This is very new to my makeup stash but it's already impressed me! I deferred from buying this for so long, as I was worried it wouldn't be as good as the hype. Lily Pebbles and Vivianna Does Makeup can go on about these little eyeshadow pencils until the cows come home. First of all, the packaging is stunning, I cannot get over how pretty it looks sitting on my dressing table. In the end, I picked up the shade 'Velvet Orchid', it's a deep purple shade, perfect for complementing my green eyes. It's a gorgeous colour, it's easy to apply and once it sets, it stays all day.

Speedy Dry Barry M nail polish in '
Lap of Honour'
Another holiday favourite was this nail polish from Barry M. It's part of their Speedy Dry range and it's in the shade 'Lap of Honour'. It's a stunning natural lilac shade and it really looks great against a tan. The best part is that it dries so quickly, so you can do a full manicure in a flash! I cannot believe these polishes are only £3.99, a total bargain! 

The Volume Million Lashes mascara from L'Oreal

I simply popped into Boots before my holiday as I was looking for a waterproof mascara. Weirdly all the waterproof mascaras seemed to be out of stock. All I could find was the Volume Million Lashes mascara from L'Oreal, it seemed okay, so I bought on a whim. Thankfully, I was honestly so impressed with this product! Normally waterproof mascaras can be a bit disappointing, but this formula gave tons of volume, yet it didn't budge or flake. 

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads Extreme

I've recently been using the Glycolic Fix Night Pads from Nip + Fab, but I've just switched to using the brand new 'extreme' version. As you may have guessed, they are a stronger, more potent version of the original Glycolix Fix pads, designed for night time use. They've been fantastic at fixing my post-holiday skin, which has been really decongested. You simply take a pad, run it over your skin and you're good to go. You can read all about these and another new product here

Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Reactivating Mist 
Last but certainly not least is the Bumble & Bumble Reactivating Mist, which is perfect if you have curly hair. What you do is spray it on your hair on it's second day (or throughout the day if you have an important evening event) and it springs your curls back to life. What really impressed me, is how well this worked in America, especially in with the heat and the humidity. It still gave me pretty curls and they stayed in place all day! I've recently bought a second bottle to keep as a spare! 

Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig