Friday 7 August 2015

Fragrance Edit - August 2015

If there's one thing I love, it's perfume! I love that a perfume can take you back to a time and place, full of memories. I'm definitely someone that switches my perfume up through the different seasons. As we enjoy what is left of summertime, I thought I'd share my latest fragrance edit.





Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream
I actually didn't like the original Daisy perfume, so when this perfume first launched, I assumed I'd hate the scent. The bottle however, completely grabbed my attention and I couldn't resist testing it in Boots. Marc Jacobs say they've taken the original Daisy and made it more 'youthful, spirited and romantic'. I completely have to agree, the original Daisy for me is very strong and overpowering. Daisy Dream is all kinds of perfect for me, it's floral and fruity. It's light and airy. The notes include blackberry, grapefruit and pear which mix with jasmine, lychee and blue wisteria. Ending with a woody hint of white woods, musks and coconut water. If you love Marc Jacobs but wasn't a fan of Daisy, try this! It's beautiful! Prices for Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream start at £42. 

Jo Malone English Pear & Fressia
What's interesting about this particular perfume, is that Jo Malone describe this as the ‘essence of autumn’. However, to me it just makes me think of summer and spring! When you first spray this you smell the lovely pear, which is the top note, it’s fruity, it’s fresh and it sits with a lovely light floral note. Throughout the day the fruity scent tones down and it starts to become a truly floral scent, but it settles with a earthy and warm floral scent. Which is where I think Jo Malone get the autumn feel from, as it can be quite deep! The Jo Malone English Pear & Fressia prices start at £42 for 30ml. 

Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier Eau de Parfum
This is Roger & Gallet's first ever perfume, and they chose the best scent to make into their first EDP. I was singing the praises of this perfume yesterday on Twitter, it's just gorgeous and it always drawers loads of compliments. Fleur de Figuier is a mixture of precious essences and candied fig. There's a combination of; Fig Pulp, Mandarin, Pink Peppercorn, Patchouli, Musk, Fig Accord and Violet Wood. I love the packaging too, the perfume is slightly purple and it's encased in a pretty glass bottle, it has six angled sides and it's finished with the classic Roger & Gallet gold detailing. The Fleur de Figuier Eau de Parfum is currently on offer at Escentual, you can save 1/3, making it only £27.

I'd love to know what fragrances you've been loving this season!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig