Friday 26 June 2015

Tanning In The Shower With St.Tropez

Now this sounds like heaven for someone with a bit of a tanning phobia like me. I'm so pale and it's very rare that tanning goes well for me. St.Tropez have released their 'In Shower Tanning Lotion' which is a gradual tanning lotion, which you use in shower, weird right? 









St.Tropez claim their new product is perfect for the first time tanners out there. Purely because its so, so easy and requires very minimal effort. You simply jump in the shower and follow your normal shower routine, when you've finished turn off the shower and apply the lotion all over wet skin in circular movements. The lotion actually lathers a little, so you can use the lather as a guide for where you've missed. You then need to wash your hands and then wait three minutes. St.Tropez say you could use these three minutes to apply a hair mask or to brush your teeth. After the three minutes have passed, you then turn the water back on and wash off the lotion. Dry your skin by using a patting motion and then you're good to go, you can get dressed in your clothes straight away!

Of course, technically, this means you're not actually tanning in the shower, but I have to say I love the concept of it. Lots of people are complaining that the process is a bit of a faff and I agree it is. You have to turn the water off, apply the lotion, hop out of the shower, wash your hands and then stand naked and cold for three minutes. However, I have to say, that I actually find this a much easier way to tan than the traditional method. Once you've followed the procedure a couple of times, you become a bit of an expert at it! The only real problem I have is that I don't have a clock in my bathroom (does anyone?!) so I have to count three minutes in my head!

So what about the results? Well, as I've mentioned, I've found the product very easy to use. I rinsed my hands straight after applying the lotion and I didn't experience any staining on them. I've had no weird streaks on my skin and the tan seems to be covering my skin completely evenly. The only issue I've really had is I ended up with a couple of light brown marks on my ankles, where my skin is particularly dry. Of course, this is a gradual tanner, so I didn't suddenly look golden brown, but it's something that has built up over 3/4 times of using it.

The St.Tropez In Shower Tanning Lotion comes in a gorgeous squeezy bottle, which has a ombre blue colour pattern. The lotion itself is a cream colour, which feels really smooth and moisturising to the touch. The lotion is actually enriched with Sweet Almond Oil, which means that your skin feels hydrated and moisturised after you use the product. I've not needed to use any moisturiser or body butters after tanning with this in the shower.

The St.Tropez In Shower Tanning Lotion comes in a 200ml bottle and retails for £14.50, which means it's not the cheapest tanning product on the market. However, I have to say that I love the innovation of this and I love how easy it is to use. I think it's going to be a real hit on the bloggersphere! You can buy the St.Tropez In Shower Tanning Lotion in Boots (here)
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig