Wednesday 17 June 2015

My Summer Essentials

I'm off on holiday VERY soon, which means I've been busy picking out some of my summer essentials to take with me. I thought I'd share this little mini summer edit, containing some of my favourite things.

Makeup Essentials
I've got three things here which are staples for my summer makeup routine. First of all I'm loving the ESPA Naturally Radiant Tinted Moisturiser (my full review is here), which has SPF 15 built into the formula. The name might be a bit of a mouthful but it's a light base which still gives good coverage. The best bit is it gives a real glow to the skin, it's so pretty! Next is the Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder from The Body Shop, it's been featured on my blog many times and it's just a stunning bronzer for lighter skintones. It's a good colour match and is buildable from a light glow to fully contoured cheekbones. The last makeup essential for me is a waterproof mascara, like the Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara. This is an essential for pool days and just generally for hotter climates, as I find my mascara tends to run a lot more.

Skincare & SPF Essentials
My one skincare essential which I find really important at this time of year is the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask. Although my skin is much greasier in the summer, I find that sweating can make my skin really dehydrated. This is an instant way to inject life back into your skin, it's also good for flying long haul. The two SPFs I'm using this year are the Garnier Ambre Solaire Dry Mist and the La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Comfort Cream. I have two cans of the Dry Mist, one in SPF30 and one in SPF50, this is just a dry mist and it's so easy to wear on the skin. The Anthelios XL Comfort Cream is my SPF of choice for my face, its perfect for sensitive skin and its packed with SPF50+. 

Haircare Essentials
My hair tends to behave itself when I travel (famous last words?) so I try not to overload it with products. I take my Garnier Ultimate Blends Sleek Perfector Oil, which keeps frizz at bay (it also happens to smell like coconuts, which I love). This year I'm also taking the Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Reactivating Mist, which is great at giving your curls a lease of life at any point during the day. The last essential for me is the Invisibobble hairbands, which hold your hair in place without leaving a kink. These are perfect because you can hold your hair up in the day and then take it down in the evening without needing to restyle!

What are you holiday essentials? I'd love to hear all about them in the comments below. 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig